Thursday, February 24, 2011

What warms your soul?

 A differet sort of post today.   I was totally inspired by a post and a video on a site I told you about being one of my favorites some time ago.   Kind Over Matter.
I hope you go watch the video.. it's awesome.    You'll understand my post even more if you check it out. Something to think about.......

What warms your soul?

Just a few things that warm my soul....

Memories of my dad, seeing my sons happy, a beautiful sky, how my Aly pup stays by my side,  my sissy's voice when I need it most, people you meet on the street.. who smile and look at you, instead of looking away, the smile on my momma face when she's happy, riding in the car with the windows down listening to good music on a gorgeous day.  Knowing someone is honest, trustworthy and true blue, People being nice to eachotherSeeing my boys be friends, being with my family, long meaningful hugs, remembering my childhood, knowing I am loved , people who help strangers for no reason without expecting anything in return. Summer mornings, puppies and kittens, ahhh.... how I love puppies and kittens .lol   Seeing people do what they really love, seeing my boy in love, the thought of my dad looking down and smiling at all his grandchildren and and great grandchildren and seeing what amazing people they are becoming. Seeing patriotisim, silly things little ones say, Hymns, watching Wes play with molly out in the front yard, listening to my mom and her sister talk about "the good ol days", thoughts of my friends, and how lucky I am to have them.  Getting to see my faraway family, watching a baby being born,... compassion and understanding ...simple things...
something new everyday.



What warms your soul  ???
come on .. dont be shy.. it's just us

9 comments:

Jan said...

hmmmm...art,the smell of my sweet mama when I kiss her hello and goodbye, babies giggling, kind and considerate people,honesty in the truest form, healthy children and grand children, my oldest sons laugh, the closeness my oldest daughter and I share..OH YEAH! In April I will get to see her 3rd child being born and I cherish being with her for the first two! my faithful and loving hubby, my PD and 2 kitties, country life,memories of dad, my flower and vegetable gardens....ok, that's enough :)
Thanks Vicki..this has been a treat...makes life feel pretty good, huh?
We are both so blessed :)

Bettyann said...

sweet kisses of my love, being there at my grandbaby's birth, love, kind.. sunrise...good moon rising, sound of ocean,, eagle soaring, little birds at my feeder, kitties kneading my lap, my daughter love for her child, quiet and safety of my home, listening to hockey..go canucks go lol...blogland friendships, friends' love..freedoom..our parents health and laughter

Annie said...

A phone call from my Mama, laughter shared among friends, a meaningful conversation with my kids, remembering that I am a daughter of God, my hubbie washing the dishes, my kids reading to me, visiting with friends and family, a good book, hot cocoa, a clean house...

Really, the list could go on and on.

Jane Wetzel said...

omg Vicki- I am choking up over here with a home made blueberry muffin in my mouth...ugh! lol! ditto ditto ditto!! for pete's sake- what a beautiful post!! I think this will be an entry in my scrap/altered book!

debbiek said...

Everything good and kind warms my heart, Ms. Vicki and reading your posts too!!!! Your inspiration is superb:) Have a great day...

Kris Turner said...

Vicki: Thanks so much for posting this video and your thoughts. What a wonderful entry! I've posted something similar on my blog and hope others pass their thoughts on as well. What great inspiration!
Kris, Wadsworth, OH
www.visionsinmyheart.blogspot.com

harrahx2 said...

Y o u r B l o g


Makes me happy. Always. Smiles abound when I am reading your blog.

There are other things like Facebook that keeps me in touch with family and friends far away. Telephone, keeps me connected. Computers for sharing the love. So much, so much, so much. Truly blessed. Truly lucky.

Gail S. said...

What a great scrapbook page idea!! I love it. So many things to warm the soul that we don't think about - thanks for planting the idea in my head and be grateful for all of the wonderful things that warm my soul!

Carla said...

Oddly enough, you warm my soul! I was just cleaning out my inbox (1500 emails) and ran across the post where you put flowers in a snowbank, at the car wash and at a playground! I loved that post, and thought I better come tell you. I never visit your blog, I read it in my email, but I'm here!