Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Altered Metal Frame

Geezz, I feel so behind, I'm still posting projects I did for CHA. I'll get caught up here pretty soon :)   This altered piece is one I did using Tattered Angels Paint mediums.  The frame was one I found at a thrift store, for $1, and the the color was pretty ..well... blah, but I loved the frame it's self.  That's what I love about Tattered Angels paints... don't like the color?? change it!



The last two days the sun has been shining, and although it's chilly, THANK YOU SUN!   It was so dark and gloomy all weekend.   We stayed in most of the weekend with the exception of a drive I took mom on for a bit in the afternoon on Sunday.
Saturday was our 30th wedding anniversary.  We didn't have any big plans , so we were so thankful my sis and brother-in-law came down.  We had a dinner and  and lots of laughs.
Oh.. and a toast.   Look at those yummy fresh berries my sis put in the champagne they brought us. See the tiny glass? That is moms. lol    
Oh brother , here we are 30 years ago.

Like I said, we had some good laughs.  Jan and Keith had been to a 3D movie recently and Jan still had the glasses in her purse. She was showing them to mom.  Cute pic huh.  Mom is one amazing woman. She is getting better every day.  Most of the bruising from the airbags was on her hands and forearms.  I am so so thankful it didn't hurt her face.  I would have probably passed out on the emergency room floor, had that been the case.  Her hands here literally black and blue from her forearm to the very tips of all her fingers.
Those airbags pack a punch!  AND save lives!  So thankful!


(below) lol.... Roy Orbison backup singers??? lol






Thank you to Jan and Keith ( and mom) for helping us celebrate


______________________________________________________
I told you it was gloomy outside all weekend... but mom and I were ready to get out of the house for a while, so we took a little drive.  Gloomy or not, ....finding the beauty of Nature .... in a Nebraska winter.


Hope all of you are having a great week!
hugs, Vic


9 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous frame and I'm so happy to hear your Mom is getting better every day! YIKES...that would be scary!

Precious Treasures said...

I love thos ornate frames. How is your mom doing. Been thinkin' about ya!

Donna said...

Happy Anniversary (belatedly)!! 30 years is something to be proud of! Enjoyed today's post, thanks!! Your frame is gorgeous!

stampqueen said...

Love the frame - I have a bunch of cheepy/inexpensive frames just waiting for me to play with - love the wings and the bubble embellishment in the corner!!!
Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Glad your Mom is feeling better - she looks so cute in the glasses, such a cute expression on her face :)

A Vintage Chic said...

Happy Anniversary, dear friend!!! So glad you had a wonderful time with your family & that you're Mom is doing so much better! Such a blessing!

LOVE that frame, Vicki---gorgeous!

Julie

Bettyann said...

love what you did with the frame..I love old frames, a lick of paint and you change them up..glad you and your Mom were able to get out for awhile, we are all getting cabin fever, is this the longest winter or what...congrats on 30 years, my goodness you were babies..we are celebrating our 35 this easter..yikes...take care and have a good week...

ddlady said...

Happy Anniversary, Vickie!!!!!

debbiek said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary Ms. Vicki! Hope Mom is feeling back to herself soon:)

Jane Wetzel said...

happy Anniversary Vicki! Best wishes for 30 more! btw...your old pic isnt bad..he he he...u should see mine (32 yrs)..TOO BAD YOU WONT see mine! ha ha ha! seriously..love the cute frame! hugs, Jane :) BTW..JANE FROM ANYTHING BUT PLAIN JANE...LETS GET THAT STRAIGHT!! BWAAAAAA!!