Wednesday, March 09, 2011

i love you .. i really do :)

The title is a good intro for the project I'm posting , I know.. but  it's also for all of you who who come here, read , share and make me smile with your comments.  Thank you for popping over to "Yesterday on Tuesday"  for my previous post.  You guys are the best!  Consider yourself hugged!

*************************

Time to share some of my Tattered Angels projects for this month.  The theme was using fabric with Tattered Angles mediums.   The color on this pillow was done with Glimmer Mist and Glimmer Glaze, using the   Crest and Frame Screen.
I used to stitch ,embroider and cross stitch all the time, but have really gotten away from it.  Working on this project really made me remember how much I love doing it.  I worked on this while mom was staying here, after her accident, so I could sit and watch tv and chat with her while I worked on it... and it was so relaxing!
I need to find some to do it much more often!  I really enjoyed it.

Makes me want to set everything aside and do some now. lol ( better stay focused)

The Tattered Angels Blog is full of great projects from the DT using Fabric this month.  Check it out if you have a minute. Amazing stuff over there.  Tattered Angels Blog
______________________________

In case you haven't heard about the fun announcement about Color Connections.. check it out...



I've said it before.. and I'll say it again. WHERE is SPRING??  I need some COLOR! lol
Living in Nebraska all my life, you'd think I'd get used to long, cold, dreary winters...but..... as I get older I dread them more and more.  Don't get me wrong, I love Nebraska!  It's a great place to live.  It's just that about this time of the year I am SO ready for winter to be over.  
I have really found that surrounding myself with colorful things "inside" helps.  There are so many really beautiful artificial flowers now.. it's unreal.  I do buy fresh flowers occasionally, but doing it all the time can get expensive.  I have some bottles with different colored flowers in the window in my studio, and I have a big vase of red tulips on my kitchen counter.  It really does help make things a little cheerier.  Give it a try, if you are still in a cold place waiting for Winter to move aside for Spring to come, like I am.

Oh... brightly colored candies in a clear jar are fun too.... but a bit more dangerous to have around. :(


So...until I can go barefoot, feel the hang clothes on the clothes line, and have a tall glass of sun tea on the back deck... I will continue to plant color all around me!
signed... surviving winter



                                                                      { Smile }

11 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that pillow is adorable. Why am I not so clever????? I can't sew worth beans and I have so much envy for your talent. Love your folor surround and know what you mean about winter getting old about now. 3" of rain last week-end and 3" more coming tonight or tomorrow~! Summer come rescue me! So glad the music is back! Love you.

A Vintage Chic said...

Beautiful, Vicki! Ever since my eyes have gotten worse....again...and I need magnifiers, I've kinda given up needlework, one of my first loves. You're inspiring me to pick it up again!

Love all the spring color you're adding! The candies in the jar look fabulous--wouldn't trust myself around it!

Hoping you're having a wonderful day, my friend!

Julie

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh I just got a minute to check out your online interview so awesome!!! Hey I didn't know you designed some accucut designs, I couldn't get the link to work can you post it on your blog or email it to me please :) Thanks!! PS: totally love that pillow really adorable!

debbiek said...

Cute pillow, Ms. Vicki. Love all the colors you showed on your blog post. Hope your Mom is doing better. We're longing for spring here in Wisconsin too...

MJ said...

I hear you loud and clear on winter! I'm anxious for it to be over! Loved all the colour you are displaying in your post! Very cheerful...

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Love that cute pillow, love the happily colored candies in the jar, love your lovely space, Vicki xx

Troy Louise said...

Your pillow is so cute. I'm sure it will add to the bright colors to help cheer you up from the winter doldrums. Thanks & happy weekend.

Michele said...

Your pillow is amazing! Soooooo pretty! Your desk is so pretty and inspiring!

Tasha said...

WOW i love the pillow it is gorgoeus!
love tasha xx

malia said...

how pretty are those candies in the jar? great idea!

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful eye for color!Neat looking pillow!! Have a wonderful day!! Patty