Sunday, March 06, 2011

Starting a new week

Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.   I have lots to share today.  First .. ..here are a couple of cards created with the new "love mail" Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage.   Oh these images are so pretty.  You can see all the images on these double sided sheets  here.  I did a number of cards and tags, that I'll be sharing this week, using these new images.




Friday night we went to First Fridays Art Walk again.  My sister and brother-in-law came also. We all met for dinner and then headed to Wes's studio.   I have some photos from Friday night, that I want to share,but before that, I wanted to show you some "pretties" from my sisters house.  I wish I could just take you on a tour of her home, because every square inch is decorated so beautifully! 
This is just a tiny sampling of the vintage dishes she had collected.   

 

And look at these little darlings.

Speaking of my sis, these are some of the necklaces she had  for sale in the studio.

I have been too busy this past month to work on fun things to sell, but I did make some of these hair clips with vintage buttons.

Wes wanted to showcase my brother-in-laws photography this month. He had a number of them to show, this photo shows just a few.  I love his work.. so it would be hard to pick a favorite..but the one on the top ...is ... SO  beautiful!

Sarah Hansen was showing her work in Amy's Studio this month.   Her handmade books and prints were amazing.


Each different studio has so many interesting things to look at.  The signage is fun huh?



yes.. lots of  ........"Interesting" things to look at. lol


It was a great start to the weekend.

********************************************************

Well they are actually talking snow for us again...but I'm only "thinking SPRING" :)


                        Have a wonderful start to your week!

9 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

L.O.V.E. your "Love Mail" cards, Vicki--they're gorgeous!!!

And, I want your sister's hutch...the whole thing, please! Love everything in it--yikes!

Looks like the Art Walk was fabulous--so much to see! Your sister's necklaces & your hair clips are adorable!

Hope your weekend was wonderful, my friend!

Julie

Donna said...

Hope you have a great week, too, Vicki! loved today's post and your new cards are just lovely---I think the new Love Mail images are some of the prettiest yet!!

LindaC said...

Sounds like a fun time! Your sister's dishes are beautiful. Snow, again? Oh no!
I hope you have a fun, creative, and productive week. BTW, cute hairpins!
My Griffin leaves next week for Australia to learn how to gather specimens for research. Keep him in your prayers for travel safety. Thanks. LC

Jan said...

Beautiful cards and it sounds like a full filled art weekend! Aren't the different forms of art amazing? Have a great week and hope your MOM is doing well :)

Candy Spiegel said...

These cards are really beautiful. I may scraplift them and adapt them to a scrapbook page.

debbiek said...

Great cards and Art Walk photos. Thanks for sharing Ms. Vicki and have a wonderful week....

harrahx2 said...

Wow, those cards are fantastic! Love the pictures you always share too and tell sis to send me the lace! I love it. Hugs to you and NO Stuff No One Wants, sometimes called SNOW. I am so over winter.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, and the other stuff too, beautiful!! Have a great weekend. Patty

Marlene said...

Love the cards Vicki. I enjoyed meeting you before Christmas in Port Moody. thanks for inspiring us.