Monday, April 25, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "Paper Piecing"

It's Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge Day!   This months challenge theme is Paper piecing.  I'm really excited to see what fun projects the girls have put together for this challenge. I'll post links to all the Design Team members blogs at the bottom of this post, so you can pop around and see what they have each created.
I have a few things to share.  First these"little pretties" lol. I have been wanting to make these, since I first got the "Wizard of Oz" stamp set in the mail.  I LOVE the images.. and this was just too CUTE.  I have a little gathering coming up with a couple of friends, and I thought it would be fun for us all to have one of these.
{ I just stamped the witches legs on green paper, and the sign on tan, and then cut them out to attach them to the pink background piece}.

 
Just prettied up the backs a bit :)
These fun little frames have glass pieces for the front and the back and are now available at Hobby Lobby!  I know! I was so excited to see them there. I've always had to order then online before.


Moving on with the Paper piecing... I made this card with the Art Blooms Stamp set from Crafty Secrets.  If there was ever a great stamp set for paper piecing ..this is it.  So fun!  You can build so much with this set.  I stamped some of the vines on to the base piece of the card, then misted the edges with a bit of "Vintage Pink" Glimmer Mist.  After that, I stamped the flower and leaf elements from the set onto patterned paper and cut them out. Some of the pieces I attached directly onto the base piece, and others I added with 3 D foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives to give it dimension.


You cant see it here ,but I used my SAKURA clear stardust pen to add glittery edges to the flowers and leaves. 
For the butterfly card below I used the Cupcake Party stamp set.    I've always adored butterfly images, and this one is so pretty.  Even just stamped in black on different colors of cardstock, it just makes such a statement.


I stamped the butterflies first in black on the base piece of the card, then stamped them on the colored cardstock pieces and cut them out.  I stitched them down the middle, leaving the rest of the butterfly free to be folded up, so the wings lift off the card a bit.  I also used the Glitter Pen on butterfly wings.  ( darn the cloudy day when I took these photos for not letting that pretty glitter effect show:(


I know the DT girls will "wow" you with their creativity, so be sure to check out what they have been working on.

Crafty Secrets Design Team

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader ( already here:)



Pam Hooten

Heidi Blankenship



Linda Duke


Michele Kovack


Flo Teixeira from France


Melissa Phillips


Julie Campbell


Mary Hamer

Crafty Secrets

Heartwarming Vintage Blog


 
 have a great day friends!

14 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty cards and I really like your idea to stamp on pattern paper. So often this can be a quick way to make a card! TFS

cal8007 said...

Love the butterflies card - good idea to stamp it twice!

TFS

Carmen L

cal8007 at aol dot com

Michele said...

These are all so lovely!!! : )

kathy/North Carolina said...

I have only discovered paper piecing recently, and I am having a blast with it. Love your projects, Vicki!

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Love all your cards Vicki but seriously your butterfly card is super cool!

Sandy

Pam said...

Ahhh, everything is gorgeous Vicki!

Jan said...

Beautiful projects and the little dress on a hanger that you paper pieced is amazing :)

Mi Mi said...

I love these butterflies. Beautiful card.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful post. All your creativity has made for a great display of beauty. I love them all.

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Vicki- those little squares are just adorable! oh and that butterfly card is really cute!!

Auntie Em said...

Love all your pretty cards and those little frames are precious!love the added bling on the outside.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What fun little frames! Love the stitching through the center of the butterflies - looks like antennae and the clip and tag are perfect for that little something extra!

Tina said...

Very pretty projects, love the butterfly card!

cristmae said...

Very fascinating.Good job for a very artistic and creative designs.
Inkjet Paper