Monday, April 04, 2011

"Love Lives Here" Shadowbox

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend. I "played" on Thursday and Friday, so spent most of the weekend kitting classes for next weekend.( I did kit extras, so those will be for sale later next week).  Dan had to work the weekend also, so we were pretty boring around here.  But that's okay... because it was really cold and windy yesterday, so I didnt mind staying in.
As I was going through some kits left over from previous classes I found that one of the wood shadowboxes had a broken glass.  I set it aside after tossing the glass.  I'm easily distracted .. so that shadowbox sitting there kept calling to me.( doesn't take much to distract me from "kitting" since it's not exactly one of my favorite things to do) lol.     I'd certainly rather make something creative. lol
So... I took a little break and made something with it.  


I completely LOVE every single image on the new sheet of "Love Mail" Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets.  The images AND the Colors are just so gorgeous.


I've been finding myself using the Ephany Crafty punches and epoxy shapes ALOT lately. They are really fun to use with CS images. Great way to make embellishments that match your project perfectly.  I'm so glad I've had a chance to try these out. I number of the manufactures I do Design work for, have done a product exchange with them, so I'm happy to say, my collection is growing! :)


                                                                  **** Giveaway****

Don't forget to get your name in for the giveaway in the post below HERE  for a bunch of Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L goodies!   I'll be drawing a winner on Friday.

One more thing...


A huge Thankyou! 
I don't know if I thankyou enough for all your kind comments. I love hearing from you. Really, I read each and every comment and email, and always look so forward to them.  Some of you have been visiting me here faithfully for a long time, and although we've never met in person, you are certainly my friends!!  This month I'll be celebrating 5 years of blogging. It's because of my family, and you .. my online friends, that I continue to blog.
SO Thankful for the friendships I've made here.

Vicki

32 comments:

Sheila R said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love all the detail.

Have a great week.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

oh this is sooo beautiful -I love it!!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Oh that is sooo pretty. I do love your shabby chic style. That and your stories make it so when I don't get a chance to read your blog I miss it ! :) I guess I as a reader feel the same as you do like checking your blog is checking in on a friend ;). I so appreciate all the time you take to post for us. I know I've been totally absent from my blog for months and although I want to get back to it I just haven't had the time. So thanks for taking time for us!! U Rock :) xxoo Sherry

Kelly Massman said...

Your shadowbox is so pretty! I love all of the details!

Shercara said...

BE U T FUL! As always! Love your "schtuff" Sally! Keep on BLOGGIN' Pretty Please! ;o)

Shercara said...

Vicki! so sorry - I didn't mean to call you Sally - that's what happens when you type and review your son's homework at the same time - LOVE LOVE LOVE your work Vicki! It makes me HAPPY too!

Susan said...

Darling shadowbox!!
Susan

nancy said...

oh my word is this DAZZLING!!! gorgeous work and such amazing details! love the eggs in the nest!!!!

Carol (HB) said...

5 years? Seriously? WOW!
I love it here just as much as the first day I visited (even more so!). Your projects always make me sigh with delight!

Anonymous said...

love reading your blog everyday. Its like visiting with a neighbor. ( I live in SD. so we are neighbors, LOL) Your shadow box is great.

Maureen Chandler said...

The shadowbox is just lovely! All the details are so charming - it really looks like fun. I keep thinking that I would like to make something like that instead of sticking to cards and this really inspires me! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent!!!

Jan said...

I love everything about this..gorgeous!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my new Granddaughter :) She is so precious :)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

So glad you had time to create - you just have a way of turning something simple into something beautiful!

Have A Great Day !

debbiek said...

Beautiful piece, Ms. Vicki. Who wouldn't want to be a follower of your blog? Congrats on your 5th year:) You are soooooo inspirational and soooooooo talented!!!!

bbourassa said...

All your creations are gorgeous and this is no exception!! You are so talented.

Lady Pamela said...

Hi Vicki, Could I ask you a question? Which punch did you use under the button in the bottom right corner? I am looking for one like that, but so far all the ones I can find have sharp edges. I like the softer, rounder edge on yours. Lovely project.
YOUR ART MAKES ME HAPPY, TOO.
Pamela

Dawn said...

Wonderful I love the colours and this is just so lush if you decide you don't like it ha ha ha send it my way ;0)

Love Dawn xx

harrahx2 said...

There are so many beautiful elements in this project. Wonderful job Vicki.

Bettyann said...

oh Vicki, I cried..the shadowbox is lovely...I smile when I see the box I made with your help...I keep coming back to your blog because of your sweet and caring manner ..xxxxx bettyann have a great day...rainy and cold here also..

Linda S. said...

My goodness, Vicki! You really rocked that shadowbox. Beautiful work. Your message to your readers is so sweet, gave me the warm fuzzies. lol I am so tickled that I found your blog through Crafty Secrets. I just saw that new tool at Archiver's when I was there yesterday, Monday. Now with your recommendations, I may just have to look at it more seriously. Hugs, Linda S. in NE

kathy/North Carolina said...

And we are so thankful for your blog! Congrats on your 5 year anniversary!

Jackie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

A Vintage Chic said...

LOVE this, Miss Vicki! Every single detail is sublime...love every inch of it!

5 years! WOW! Happy anniversary! So greatful for your friendship, too...you sure help to make this bloggy world we love a more beautiful place, my friend...

Julie

Mommy said...

Vicki,
I so appreciate your blog posts as part of my week. I love your creativity and seeing all of your flea market finds. It means so much to me since often I am home now taking care of my husband who has cancer which I am happy to do but I do miss thrifting and treasure hunting and I get to do so through your blog! Thanks for your sweet post and I love what you did with the shadow box! I ordered I think 2 sets of that set of Crafty Secrets scraps - they are gorgeous!!!

Judy said...

Absolutely Gorgeous,I love it. TFS

DonnaM said...

your shadow box card is amazing! i just googled that very topic on the weekend-HONEST!-and didn't find a single one that appealed to me and now, here's yours! it really is beautiful!!!!

Lourdes said...

It's ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!.....

inmediately I'll be your new follower because I don't want to miss your creations!

A wonderful work!

Hugs from Spain

Lourdes

Maureen Chandler said...

Your shadowbox is just lovely. I love all the touches and every time I look at it, I see some other detail. Thanks for sharing!

Gloria Westerman said...

Just beautiful.....love all the details....a masterpiece.....

Bonnie Williamson said...

I have been following you for a while but have never posted a comment before. I want to thank you for being such an inspiration to me. I love your style and try to imitate it but it is never as pretty as yours. Thanks for being a blogger and sharing all your pretties with us.

suzieq23 said...

Wow, love the shadow box. I am ready to go and start one right now. just beautifu. Thanks for sharing.

Suz said...

Very, very cute card! The details are fabulous.
Fondly,
Suz