Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A new Fancy Pants layout and sharing our Easter

Well, I'm pretty much determined to have warmer weather..........so maybe if I just do summertime layouts..that will help? lol   Anyway, I have so many fun photos from last summer, I decided I needed to just dig in and get busy scrapping.    This layout is done with the Fancy Pants Rusted Sun line.


I have always loved using my 3D foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)... But lately I've been using them even more.  I think even that little bit of dimension adds so much.

Can wait for summer, so we can do this again :)


**************************************************************************************

Okay...you know me and photos when I'm with my family... never enough. lol  I always share after gatherings .. so that my far away family can feel like they were there also.
It was such a NICE day! And ... although they said it would be cloudy... guess what... SUNSHINE!
I have to share some of the little darlings in their Easter Dresses.


I laughed so hard when I saw the photo below.  The Easter Bunny had put some little plastic green bugs in some of the eggs.  This one came open just as she was picking it up.  Boy was she checking it out! lol
I don't think she was sure if the was going to pick it up or not.

K was checking out her goodies.. right there on the sidewalk.


The Easter bunny has some help preparing for the hunt.   Weston ( my ds) was getting creative with his hiding places.



and he wasn't the only one :)

Always lots of good food.   My brother Ray is cutting pies and helping to get things set out.

yummmm , my sister Jan is the queen of yummy deserts!


Getting set up.

about time to eat.


I made a big roaster of hash brown casserole, my baked beans, key lime and chocolate pies... and this new recipe.   I was easy and pretty tasty...  I'll be making it again. 
Here it is , if your interested.  If you want the printable version.. you can get it right here.

Sunny Vegetable Salad

Original Recipe Yield 12 servings


Ingredients

5 cups broccoli florets

5 cups cauliflowerets

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

2/3 cup chopped onion

1/2 cup raisins

1 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup sugar

2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar

6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled

1/4 cup sunflower kernels

Directions

1.In a large salad bowl, toss broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with the bacon and sunflower seeds.



Our Easter was wonderful.... hope yours was also!



                                          Oh.. happy day!

9 comments:

Debby said...

I love the LO. The colors all look so good together.
Those sweet little girls in those dresses are adorable.
The salad I will really have to try.
My Easter was different. I got my Mom settled back home after her fall. I made her lots of food for this week....then we ordered food from Bob Evans. My husband came to bring back my Mom's little dog and ate take out with us. So a bit different but still a good day.

Jan said...

Adorable kiddo's, great food and such sweet layouts...life is good :)

Elly-My Everyday Things said...

Owww... I love your sunny l.o.! It's so bright and happy. I'm using my 3-d tape very (read: very, very) often! Love the effect of it.
Your family pics are very nice, the little girls are adorable in their pink dresses!
Hugs, Elly

shmasat said...

LOVE the beautiful frilly dresses, the girls are so precious!!

shmasat said...

Can't wait to do some sunny pages as well, I loved your dimentional sun and the strip of flip flops at the bottom!

Country Liv . . . said...

Love the photos sweetie! The Grif's sister is adorable too!
That salad is one of my favorites that the ladies at my church make, only they don't put in cauliflower.

harrahx2 said...

Always love your pictures and wish I was there right now. I have made that salad before and I love it and I want a piece of your sister's dessert too! What a doll baby that child is!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This picture of the guys looks like it was tailored made for this line from Fancy Pants! Wonderful Easter pictures - glad you had a great day : )

Debbie K. said...

Looks like you and yours had a grand Easter, Vicki. All those yummy foods make me want to head straight to the kitchen! Love the lay out and the photos of the kids are adorable. Here's to more SUNNY days!