Monday, May 16, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "Masculine Challenge"

I have to admit I don't do as many "masculine" projects as I do others.  This was a good reminder to me to not stay in that rut.  Crafty Secrets has alot of great stamp sets and images that work great for more.. manly projects.   I used this "Route 66" image from the Summertime Image and Journal book, and stamps from the Car Classics Stamp Set.
I love this photo, so I thought this was the perfect time to finally get busy and do a layout with it.  Last summer (oldest son Weston.. on the right) and his friend Eric took a summer road trip on their bikes.   I have to admit I was a bit nervous.. but then again, I am with alot of the things my boys decided to do :(
But... I know they had a really great time. They saw lots of country and enjoyed every minute of the trip.
Awesome memories for them.


There are some great elements on the Car Classics stamp set... like these.  It was fun to stamp them on different colored cardstock, cut them out and add dimension using 3D foam Squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.

I used the "A True Classic" stamp to create a border around the edge of the lighter colored paper.


And omgosh... look at these spark plugs.  Oh.. lol.. I love em.

While I was on a roll with the "guy thing", I thought I would create a card also. For this Card I used some of the papers that will be on the new CD .  (Image and stamped saying also from CS)


Since this challenge is about all things "masculine and manly "lol... I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of life in a household of all men. 
 The joys of raising boys....




  They tear apart engines in your garage, clean fish in your sink, and track mud threw your kitchen.  They  are all about minibikes, 4 wheelers, dune buggies, motorcycles, riding mowers, and boats.   They live to ride trains, chase storms, climb towers, canoe rivers,..  fight fires.  (and anything else that makes moms worry).

They are my guys.. and I wouldn't trade them for anything!


__________________________________________



Be sure to stop by and see what the other DT members have to share with you today!



 

Heidi Blankenship
Pam Hooten

Linda Duke
Michele Kovack
Melissa Phillips
Julie Campbell




Heartwarming Vintage Blog


Crafty Secrets



                                                                        enjoy

19 comments:

Carol said...

Great layout and card, I too don't do as many manly projects as I should, TFS

Pam said...

Your page is SO cool Vicki, love your pic's too! Your cards ALWAYS make me smile! Ü

veronica said...

Excellent layouts and cards, i have 2 boys too and they are so much fun sometimes.They seem to think mom cant get dirty as much as they can but we fool them dont we? lol I have only done digital cards but i want to do LOTS more!!

Sheila R said...

Love your manly projects. The images are wonderful.

harrahx2 said...

Great layout and card Vic. I love man cards. They seem to fit my style.

harrahx2 said...

Vic, looking at the photos made me smile as I remembered them from the past. Such fun and if you didn't have boys to make a mess, you would be totally bored, right? Oh, wait, I forgot! You are a crafter and if you are like me...well, by the time you are done a project....

Something Special said...

beautiful masculine work here!

Karen W said...

wonderful layout and fantastic card also.

Anonymous said...

I think the part that looks like a spedometer is very cool. My husband races.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a fun way to have morning coffee and see your lovely fun post. Great layouts. Just a warning: I've 2 grown sons. and you don't know 1/2 of what all else they've been doing!! Love 'em to death they grow too fast and You will miss ALL of their fun and friends running thru your home. And as me, will truly miss joining in all the wild times!!

Phyllis M. said...

Wonderful photos, card and layout. Thanks for sharing.

kathy/North Carolina said...

Great layout, Vicki! I love the grunge hinge in the top lefthand corner...really sets things off. And the card is a hoot!

Mrs Ham said...

Your projects are wonderful. Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your life with all boys. Now I have an idea of what to expect, lol...

malia said...

cool and masculine projects... lots of fun!

Jane Wetzel said...

Amazing - so cool! tfs!

kathy2eggs said...

I just love your manly cards. I couldn't believe that my sons have kept all the cards I've made or mailed to them...I have to do more.

Mary Leeson said...

Wow, what an awesome masculine layout! I love it and all the detail in it. TFS.

Michelle said...

Am always looking for more ideas for manly layouts:-) thanks great layout and awesome card too!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Now I know what I have to look forward too : ) Love how you used the stamps from the Car Classics set!