Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flea Market Tailgate

I know I said I'd post a project today ..but I have lots of other photos of the day, I'd really love to share.  Projects coming promise.  Today was the last day Sandy was here.... and she didn't know it  but we had a little something planned to send her off.   All I can say is thank goodness the ridiculous RAIN stopped and we had a gorgeous day, because it rained every day she was here! grrr      My sweet sister (and partner in crime) Jan pulled together this little "girlie" tailgate party in the parting area at the flea market this morning.  I was trying to think of a time when I could have a little gathering while Sandy was here, but knew the days would go by so fast , and with it being such a busy time of the year, it would be a hard time to try to get everyone together. (esp in the middle of the week) So...

Since I knew alot of my friends would be going to the flea market anyway... this seemed like the most logical way to pull it off.  Thanks to my sweet sis, the best friends ever, and SUNSHINE, it was great!






My sis and I had so much fun gathering our pretties... and putting together some yummy "eats".
 We had lots of delishious fresh fruit, 4 different kinds of homemade muffins, mimosa, and coffee.



... topped of with Amazing friends!!


We started early .. so we were ready to start shopping right at 8am when they opened.  We had to leave to get Sandy to the airport straight from here..but 3 hours of power shopping ahead. lol


It had been raining for days, so it was muddy in places..but I really thought it might be worse.  We all brought extra shoes or boots, so nothing was stopping us. lol

There were lots of super fun things.

This little beauty below is now my sisters!


I've found all kinds of fun things this week..but with so much going on and me feeling "sicky" with a cold, I havent even brought things in from the garage yet..but here's a few things from today.  I think all of us found things we were really happy with.  It was just a nice, nice day all the way around.


              I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends! Blessed, I tell ya... truly blessed!
                                                   Wish you could have all been there!

 


                                  **** HUGE thanks to my sis!! Janny.. you are the BEST! ****    




                 ________________________________________________________________

                                                                     Announcement


****  Crafty Secrets is having their first ever Design Team Call!!!   If you would like it try to be part of the team.... all of the information is posted on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog HERE.****


          



12 comments:

Jan said...

oh! HOW SWEET!! This is such a super cute idea and I bet Sandy loved it! The food looks delish and who knew a tailgate party could look so good :) Love the bright umbrella's and spring colors :)

Carol (HB) said...

An elegant tailgate party at a flea market... it's so YOU! Everything is colorful and looks so yummy!
I've been missing you my friend - for some reason blogger hasn't let me post comments the last few times I've tried, so I hope this one works.

debbiek said...

How FUN! Wish I could have attended. Those treats look sooooo yummy. What a nice friend you are, Vicki. Looks like you had a great day at the flea market and what a wonderful way to send Sandy off in style. Awesome!

stampqueen said...

Love your tailgate party - now thats my kinda of tailgate party :)
Naturally I missed the flea market by just one weekend again - we are going to be home briefly next weekend for my DH's Mom's 80th birthday party....one other year I was home , I missed the flea market by being a week ahead - I really need to plan better :)
Glad you are getting some sunshine - we could use a little rain here - very dry....

harrahx2 said...

Loved the tailgate party pics and all your fantastic finds! How very cool! Hugs and glad your visit went so well.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

This is absolutely precious! So much thought and love went into this gathering from the invite all the way to the tailgate! A day at the flea market fit for a queen : )Thanks for sharing!

Anabelle said...

Totally AWESOME finds!! Wish we had a flea market like that here. Lucky you. Glad you had so much fun with your sister. :)

ddlady said...

Your flea market tailgate party sounded like so much fun. The food looked delicious and the decorations were so "Springy". What a wonderful send off for your friend Sandy. It looked like a great time was had by all!!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

how fun Vicki! Glad u had some sunshine and looks like a great day!:) Absolutely adorable tail gate!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

OH that is just sooooo wonderful and looks like such an awesome time. That brought tears to my eyes! You are such a thoughtful person!! Loved how everything looked just sooooo beautiful!!

becky said...

YOU, my sweet friend, KNOW how to put on a tailgate party! So much fun!

Precious Treasures said...

Love all your awesome finds. I wish I would have been able to get there earlier but waited to borrow Mikes truck and then did not even find anything to put in it. LOL I just love going to the flea market. :)