Thursday, May 19, 2011

A little work .... a little play

Well Sandy arrived yesterday, and I'm happy to say it was a beautiful sunny day.

 Dan , Sandy and I met up with Jarad and Kate for dinner and a visit when we got into town from the airport.  It's been fun having Sandy here "in my state", for the first time:)   Of course we stayed up late last night, chatting, and looking through files of her amazing images and designs.  Always so fun talking about all things "creative" with someone who you share very similar tastes with.  We always seem to ahhhh..and ohhhhh over the same things.
Although we chatted late we were ready for my sis Jan this morning , when she arrived for a little road trip, to take in some fun places.    Here is a bit of our day.


We haven't sorted through our treasures yet, so I haven't taken photos of what we came home with.  No big purchases per say, but fun little things for each of us.  Oh my sis did find an awesome metal porch chair to re do. Great deal too!


No..this isn't the chair she bought ..but she looks pretty comfy there, doesn't she??

loving these colors...

All of three of are are defiantly Vintage at heart.. so you can only image how much fun we had pointing things out and chatting as we went.  I realize how we all have things we gravitate towards.. even more than others.  Jan and Sandy are book lovers, old print, images, photos, poems and sayings.  Jan is the cakeplate/dish/and glassware queen.  I find myself pulled towards fabric table cloths, doilies, and TRIMS. Speaking of trims.. I found an awesome one today.  I show you as soon as I get it photographed. I love it.

Today  is a new day... so I'm keeping this post brief.   We don't want to be on the run everyday.. so I left today open for whatever we choose.   It seems like when Sandy and I do get a chance to connect, its at a show or when we are working on a project, so things are always a bit rushed.    It's SO nice to have her here and just talk face to face, not on the phone. I don't care if it's out and about, or just sitting around in a pjs chatting about designs.... it's a good time!

Promise to share a project in my next post.  But thought it would be fun to share bits of our week with you all.


Enjoy your day!

14 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

looks like so much fun Vicki! enjoy!

A Vintage Chic said...

So glad you're both getting some fun & RELAXING time together, Vicki! Can't wait to hear about all the new ideas I know you two will come up with this week!

Have fun, my friend!

Julie

Julie Higgins said...

Sandy-I'm sure Vicki will entertain you in style like she always does! And feed you well! I'm the teacher she used to work with. I miss not working with her every day so much and always will...but it is awesome to see her be able to put her many artistic talents to use! But she still was the best paraprofessional too:) She and I had so many good times! You can thank me for not duct taping her to my classroom and making her stay and not move on to her current career. It was tempting, but they ran out of duct tape at the store! Guess we can just all celebrate the fact that we know Vic! I've heard lots about you too....all wonderful!! LOL Julie Higgins

harrahx2 said...

Sounds like a real good time Vic! Wish I was there. Hope your box arrives tomorrow! Hugs to you and Sandy both.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous--live in Miami, Fl and never have a chance to dig. Must go home to Chicago or Nashville for treasures. Have a ball. Marilyn

Sheri said...

How fun! I have to know where you went junking. I love to junk and always on the lookout for new and better stuff. Did you make it into Omaha?

Pam said...

Wouldn't I love to be able to walk around those places with you guy's!! I know y'all are having so much fun together.
{hugs} to you both!

Anonymous said...

So happy the two of you can play and shop and share. Have fun and cherish the moments.

Carla said...

I'm so glad you two are having a relaxing time together. Also, just wanted you to know that the busier I get, the more blogs I unsubscribe. Yours never goes, though. Not only do I love your work, but the way you share is wonderful. I almost never comment, but you feel like a friend to me. I SWEAR that if we ever met, we would totally be friends. I live in Holyoke, CO, I'll have to check to see how far apart we are.

Crabtree Creations said...

What fun! What shoppes were you able to go to? I am down in KC planning a trip to NE soon. I would love to do some good "antique shoppin'"

Love vintage and anything retro!
ReNae

debbiek said...

Have a GREAT time together, Vicki. I know you will!!!! Creative minds work wonders;)

Jan said...

I'm sure you girls are having a blast! I love the picture of Sandy sitting on the floor and reading a book :) ENJOY :)

Linda S. said...

Enjoy your time in our great State. I'm glad the rain finally let up. Don't Vicki and her sister know the best shops for junque? Have a safe trip home.
Linda S. in NE

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Glad to hear you're having a great time : )