Thursday, May 26, 2011

One of those photos...

....you just HAVE to scrap.  Yep..this photo was just one of those I knew was going to be fun to do a layout with.  My cousin Becky had this photo posted on facebook and it just made me smile. I asked her if I could use it for a layout.  Becky puts together our family reunions (for my Dads side of the family), and puts so much work into it, I wanted to give her this as just a little thank you.  We have a reunion coming up this weekend.



Isn't her outfit cute? oh... so fun. And his shirt almost matches lol.


It's been a long time since I've done  a layout not using any specific manufacture.lol  I just grabbed things from here and there, and had fun with it.


It seems as the years go by, I find myself drawn to simple layout designs...but I still to love little bits of interest.  For some reason I've been into making hand cut flowers. Why? unsure..just loving the process of it. Weird I know :0   especially with so many cute dies out there. 

I can always find something fun to use in my stash of Fancy Pants Chipboard.  So you know.. if chipboard ever goes completely out of style "I" WILL still be using it. lol


****************************************** 

Just a reminder: You still have a few days left if you are interested in trying out for the Crafty Secrets Design Team.  Info HERE.

*************************************

I've been busy gathering things together and checking through class stuff for Great American Scrapbook Show Texas next week.  Cant wait to see my Texas friends!  Classes are sold out so that's exciting. We (Crafty Secrets) will be doing make and takes in the booth also, so if you plan to be there, please come on over :)  
After the show is over, we will be planning to do the same as we did last year and head for Puerto Penasco Mexico. Looking forward to seeing Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers at Circus MexicusXX, and spending time with great friends.  



While I'm gone, I have some awesome Guest bloggers lined up for you... that I know you'll love.  I will also be taking my laptop and post photos from TX.  No Internet once we head for Mexico, but trust me, I'll be sharing plenty of photos when I get home.  

 
With the Internet troubles I've been having here lately, I'm surprised I haven't thrown my computer out the window. lol   I know... I'm like a broken record right?  I know I live in the hicks but this Internet thing is getting really annoying.  Dan and I both had conversations with the Internet provider today :(
I am so frustrated...but never like it take it out on the person on the other end of the line. They're just answering phones.  I was SO frustrated by the time I finally got through to someone, I  was really read to give them a piece of my mind. Then the guy came on and said "Hi, my name is Ian , how can I help you?"   Geeezzz... I'm such a softy.  He sounded like a kid about my boys age.. and geezz.. he had to be nice and tell me is name (now he's a real person) lol.   So I say, " hey Ian, I hope you can help me, cause I'm kinda grouchy",   He started laughing.  He proceeded to help me as much as he could.  I thanked him... and then he said " I don't think you are grouchy at all".    lol
well, my Internet is working "for now"... but I'm not holding my breath. It's been an ongoing problem for a long time. Keep your fingers crossed.  I don't want to have to be "grouchy" (for real) lol


I thought I would share some things
  I've learned over the last couple of days.

You always think you can get more into a suitcase than you really can

My dogs snore as loud as my husband. (and probably ME..but I'm sleeping, so I dont hear myself) lol

Talking( I'm using that word lightly)  to your computer when you are having Internet issues really doesn't help.

plucking your eye brows when you have a headache, is not a good idea.


just a little insight to the start of my week....lol


Tomorrows going to be a great day! :)








8 comments:

VAWM said...

Vicki, what a great photo for a LO! Love it! Have a wonderful, internet free vacation.

Jan said...

HA...what a cute and happy picture and a beautiful LO!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a great layout - you captured the era perfectly! Your details set a wonderful stage for this fun photo -can't help but think Becky is going to love it : ) Sorry for all of your internet troubles we just had to switch providers for that same reason. But you may not have that same luxury of choice as us city folks do! Take Care : )

Jane Wetzel said...

hey Vicki! I am sooooo lovin this great photo! Those were the days! :) Love how u did the lo and all...hope u have a great time in Texas!

Gail S. said...

Great layout, Vicki!!

Pearl Maple said...

That is a cool photo Vicki looks like they were have fun time

Have a great trip, it is looking like a wildly creative adventure

...a/k/a DJScrappiness... said...

OMGeee! What a darling layout! I grew up in the 60's-70's, so I am all too familiar with those fashion statements!!! I am so excited for GASC TX next week! It has been several years since I have been able to do anything but pop in for a precious 2 hours of shopping after work, so I am looking forward to the 2 classes I am taking and getting to take my time on "the floor". I will definitely try to come by for the make and take and say 'hi' - or, I guess I should say 'howdy', since you're coming to Texas!!! Have a safe trip!

Doris

Country Liv . . . said...

Girl, you made me laugh all the way through this post! Love the outfit Becky has on; seems to me we all had one like that in the sixties. But now all of us can have layouts as cool as yours are; man you're good.
Things I learned today:
Vic can make me laugh even when I'm mad enough to chew nails . . .
Being a designer is hard work . . .
scotch taping your straps in place only works for a little while and pulls off hair and skin tags to boot!
Hugs