Saturday, May 14, 2011

Picnic anyone?

Happy Saturday everyone!  Sorry I'm a little behind on my posting,but it's been one of those weeks.  Seems like there is just alot getting in the way of what I need to be doing.  Yesterday was a loss (time wise), because I was down with a headache all day. ( Aly by my side of course).  I'm sure the crazy weather change had alot to do with it. 90 one day and 40's with wind and rain the next. Welcome to Nebraska!   Hope it straightens out before my company arrives next week.  Oh... that's right, I was teasing a bit with that in my last post.  It's my friend Sandy who's coming to visit (from Canada), and I cant wait!  Fun things planned!

Speaking of fun things.  There was an article about the Boys and their trains setup in the paper this morning.  HERE  if you want to see.  This weekend is the weekend they move it to the museum.

************************************************
Okay.. on to share a project. I found 2 of these little carriers for $4 on my last junk outing. Thought they could be pretty cute if they were fixed up.  Funny, they were like brand new..but they were an ugly grey color. ick!   Anyway, I re did it with some of the papers that are going to be on the new CD from Crafty Secrets.  Oh my ...I've seen a peek or two at some of these papers, and I can tell you this much...they are fantastic!  This is just a couple of the darling  papers that will be on the CD.


I have a feeling I'll be using that alot this summer... because I'm SO ready to be out of the house, and enjoying nice weather!   I'm thrilled that I have been seeing signs of spring ..... here's one of my favorite.

Now.. all would be great.. if Miss Aly would feel better.  She has not been feeling well the last couple of days.  Makes me sad. I love her so much.   I have a call into the Vet this morning, to see what he thinks.    I have been spending alot of time with her...just stick'n by her, like she does me when I don't feel good.




Enjoy your weekend friends.

6 comments:

LindaC said...

Poor puppy, she looks sad...sorry you and Ali aren't feeling well. The weather will do that. It's been crazy in TN also...90's to 60's and rain. We definitely don't need that with all the flooding along the Mississippi River. I love your silverware carrier. You can't go wrong with red and a touch of yellow. Too cute! LC

Jan said...

Vic..this is so cute and looks so bright and cheerful! I hope you both get to feeling better very soon :)

Debby said...

I love the caddy you made. Hope your headache goes away. When I get them they stay for days.....can't do anything.
Poor puppy, she looks sad. I hope she perks up as well.
This weather is crazy. It has been so hot here. Thankful that we aren't in the floods.
Feel better.

harrahx2 said...

Okay, so I chatted on the private and forgot to post! Lauging because I LOVE your little basket. It so reminds me of when we were kids and would actually go on a picnic. It was always the coolest thing. Love it! Hugs to Aly Pup and to you.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Sorry you and your pup haven't been feeling well. Hope better days are ahead for you two! I enjoyed seeing the article and pictures about the guys' project! And your caddy turned out great - can't wait to see the new CD : )Love how you take the ordinary or even not so pretty things in life and turn them into something wonderful!

Hope you have a great visit with Sandy!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I wish both you and Aly were feeling better. She looks so sad, poor little girl:( Love your caddy, Vicki. It's so cute and would make a picnic even more special!