Saturday, May 28, 2011

Scrapbook New and Review Featured Artist / Faux mini Polaroid Banner Fun

I'm honored to be Featured Artist for Scrapbook News and Review.  Below is a project I share there, which is using Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L products in different ways to create this banner. The super cute banner is an AccuCut Die. {LOVE it}
+
=

LOVE

I love the look of Polaroids, so I thought it would be fun to make some little mini ones to add to my banner using photos of my boys from "back in the day" lol.  


This banner hangs in my studio and makes me SMILE every single day.  Oh.. makes my heart happy to look at these great memories from when the boys were wee ones.  The photo above is from one of the many trips to the Children's zoo with Aunt Jan.  They were feeding the goats..and the goats were EVERYWHERE all the sudden.  The boys are smiling but I think they were getting a little alarmed. lol  Check out the look on Jarad's face.  (it's like... I'm outta here!) ahahahahh
When the boys were growing up we made many trips to the Black Hills of SD to spend time at my Aunt and Uncles cabin.  Oh..such great memories!   Jarad looks like hes ready for some serious fishing in Dans rubber boots (above). Geezzz..they are almost hip waders on him. lol
Little Wesy in Yogis  pick-a-nic basket :)  ( in my best Yogi  voice)

silly kids!


****************************************************************

Hey, I also have some other links I wanted to share.  whew.. so much going on these days. lol



First of all Congrats to the newly announced Tattered Angels EDUCATOR Team!   You can see them listed here.    Yes... I still love TA!!  I've just decided to Stay with the Design Team aspect of things, but step back from the Educator Team.  I just have not been traveling and teaching as much , so I feel  TA Design Team is enough right now.  These girls are amazing educators! 


*************************

AccuCut is now having Guest Designers, and they are showing off great project ideas HERE in the AccuCut blog.  And you HAVE to see the amazing dresses made of paper from the National Stationery show in NYC. WOW!  You can see them here

**********************


AND... another reminder about the Crafty Secrets DT call.  If you are interested.. you can see the information HERE.  you still have a little time.. hurry:)



Hope you all enjoy your weekend!




5 comments:

Debby said...

I love those cute pictures. I really love the banner. I will have to do one like that. Maybe when we get back from our family get together. Happy Week-end.

Jan said...

cute banner!

debbiek said...

Oh Vicki, the banner is adorable! What a cute way to remember great times. Bet your kids love seeing this kind of thing too...Have a great rest of the weekend:)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

So creative - love the Polaroid makeover with the clothespins!! And I could have sworn I heard Yogi in the background when I was listening to "Old Blue Chair" on your blog : )
Enjoy Your Weekend!

harrahx2 said...

The kids pictures are so cute. Loved the card. It has a softness that is so pretty. Thanks for sharing the fun. Your mom looks good Vic!