Friday, June 03, 2011

Guest Blogger: Linda Cummings

Hi! I'm Linda Cummings, and I am Vicki's guest blogger today. My husband and I live in Middle Tennessee about 30 miles from Nashville. We have a grown son, Griffin, who will begin graduate school in the fall. Mike and I are retired, and our days are filled with reading, tv, chores, and hobbies. I enjoy scrapbooking, card- making, sewing, and creating altered art.




I was honored and a bit intimidated when Vicki asked me to post for her while she is out of town. Like Michelle, I knew I had some big shoes to fill. I have been one of Vicki's followers for several years. In fact, her blog was the first blog I ever read or followed. There was just something about her header that caught my eye. Then when I read about her family, learned that they have a 'Griffin' also, and began to enjoy her art, I was hooked! No need to explain any further....you understand!

Today I want to share a couple of my projects with you. The first one is a birthday card I made for a friend using Vicki's AccuCut '3D Shadowbox' frame. These frames can be purchased HERE, and the instructions for assembling them are HERE.



The stamped image I used is a Magnolia, and I colored it with Copic markers.

My second project is a birthday banner I made using images from Crafty Secrets 'Altered Fairies 09' Creative Scraps.



 


I want to thank Vicki for this opportunity and thank the readers for stopping by. You can check out my blog, Linda C's Corner at http://lccorner.blogspot.com/ . I would love to have you drop by. Have a great day! LC

22 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Linda! Great job filling in for Vicki! Your tri-panel is so pretty!! I am so envious of your ability with the Copic markers!
And of course I love the banner using CS cut outs! We Tennessee gals need to get Vicki to come down our way and have a playdate, huh??! Have a great weekend!

Jan said...

Cute shadowbox and banner!! A great job, Linda :) I adore Vicki's blog too and love to hear her family stories!

A Vintage Chic said...

So nice to meet you, Linda! Beautiful job stepping into Vicki's super-talented shoes!

Your projects are wonderful--love your banner!

Off to visit on your blog...

Julie

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Did I say WOW?! Your projects are just gorgeous! The banner is a true work of art! Love it. Great job guesting!!

Pam Sparks said...

congrats Linda! So fun to see this! Awesome projects GF! Fabulous combo of stamping/scrapbooking/altering! Just right up your alley! lol Happy for you!!!

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Great project and congrats on the guest dt spot!! : )

VAWM said...

Wonderful samples Linda! I love your shadow box card!

Angela said...

Congrats on the guest DT spot. I love visiting this blog also. Your shadowbox card is just too adorable -love everything about it! And that banner is so sweet and vintage looking. Gorgeous work, Linda! :)Angela

Candy said...

Hi Linda,
Congratulations on your guest Design Spot!
You have two gorgeous creations :o)
LOVE your Tilda tri-panel. So beautiful!!
Your banner is wonderfully vintage and beautifully decorated.
Hugs, Candy

Sharon Caudle said...

Hi Linda! Both of your projects are gorgeous! I really love that banner! You did a fantastic job filling in for her!
hugs!

cabio's craft corner said...

These are happy altered projects Linda. You did a wonderful job on the shadow frame for the birthday creation and the banner is awesome looking. Congrats on the GDT and you totally deserve that with your beautiful skill!
Hugs,
Cabio

Vicki C said...

Oh Linda thank you so much for Guest Blogging for me! I adore both these projects.. the die.. and CS goodies.. how fun! You are a doll! HUGE thanks!

Norma said...

Linda, congrats on the Guest DT spot. A couple of fabulous projects you've done here. Love the shadow box especially, but the birthday banner is now slouch either. Great job on the projects and filling in.
Hugs,
Norma

harrahx2 said...

Hello Linda. I just came from your blog and you are so talented! Your banner is so cute and your coloring skills are to die for! Thanks for filling in for Vic...big shoes, I know but you did a stellar job. Sending hugs. Never thought of using the shadow box for a card and I love the idea!

Elle said...

Stunning!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oh wow...these are beautiful!!!! I love these!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Love the idea of a birthday banner - it was great to see your work !

Linda said...

Wow what a great job on both!!!! Just bought a banner and I hope mine turns out half as good as yours!!!! Excellent job!!!!

Maria said...

Fabulous Linda! Congrats on the guest DT spot. Loving the gorgeous shadowbox and that banner is so beautiful. Hugs, Maria

Jane Wetzel said...

Fabulous stuff Linda! Great to have u guest for Vicki!

Thanh Vo said...

Wow! Hi Linda, what a nice surprise to see you here at Vicki's blog :D

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Really gorgeous designs here!! LOVE the fun Tilda project!! The banner is stunning too!! Thanks for sharing!