Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Travel Journal

HELLO!   I'm home ..as of last night...but still trying to get back in the swing of things... unpack, do laundry, check emails ect...   But first I needed to spend some time with the pups :)  Dan said Aly wasn't eating well right after I left so I was a bit worried about her until I heard that was getting better.  She's sticking to me like glue now.    I am glad to be home and see everyone..but Ohhhh.. was it hard to leave the ocean, sunshine and good friends behind.
____________________________________________________

I don't want to confuse you with a travel Journal from Florida I'm about to share..., since I was just in Mexico...but there's a story behind this.  While I was gone I got an email from a fellow paper crafter asking permission to post directions for this travel journal on her blog.  I had actually forgotten all about it, because it's been a number of years since I made this. It  makes me really happy to know it had inspired someone so much that they had made a number of them since it was first published in Scrapbook Answers Magazine some years back.   If you are not familiar with the magazine, it was a paper craft magazine the came with a CD that focused on "how to's", techniques, ect.   I was totally honored to be a part of the magazines Design Team, and was so saddened when the magazine folded.      Anyway this travel journal was one of the "how to: projects I put together for an assignment.   Below is my journal from a trip to Florida. I will certainly be working on one from this most recent trip to Puerto Penasco :)   I wish I would have thought of putting one together to take with me this trip....but thanks to the reminder about them, I will certainly be making more.
I'm linking to Maria "Rinda" Ontiveros here on her blog "Gallo Organico"  so that you can see all the instructions, if you want to make one of your own. 


 Instructions for making the travel journal





It is made with manila envelopes so that you have pockets for saving memorabilia.  Easy and inexpensive to make.
Crafty Secrets has some great travel images that work really well for journals like this





and many more things ... you can see them all here on the Crafty Secrets website



Oh.. I have SO many photos I want to share.. so I'll do a few at a time.

Beautiful Puerto Penasco Mexico

 

Good friends
Scott, Sandy, Debby, Ron, me, Leslie, and Lynda at their place, eating the amazing meal Sandy and Debby made.


Yummy food!
Fresh Shrimp and Scallops .....  great pasta dish and yummy salad and fresh bread.

ATC's to the Dunes
(all 7 of us headed out)



Leslie and I .. ready to ride hard! lol


part of the dunes


Finally... the show night....
do we look like we are having fun or what? hahaha
(look at me holding "beers") lol    geeezzz


 and..... the show
They play until after 1am.  The show was amazing!!


summing it up.......  PERFECT!


 " Here's to Life"

(A link to one of my favorite songs of the night)

10 comments:

Susan said...

Welcome home Vicki! Looks like a wonderful time. And I'm sure you all were able to unwind and relax from GASC.

Nathalie Kalbach said...

this looks so amazing- wonderful time! YEahh! Love your travel journal too!

Jan said...

Vicki...what beautiful photo's and memories. I can see why this would be difficult to leave...just beautiful! Enjoy some time with your sweet pups :)

JJ Sobey said...

I miss Scrapbook Answers as well - it was my fav scrappy mag. I bet I've still got that issue (need to go look for that now)

Love this mini!

VAWM said...

Welcome back Vicki! Glad you had such a fun time!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for the shout-out Vicki. It's so fun to have found your blog. I had forgotten about the DVD's that came with that magazine. I'm sure I have them somewhere. Will need to go take a look.
Rinda

harrahx2 said...

Missed you bunches Vic! I know it must have been really hard to come back. I leave Sunday for Rockport Mass.......

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a blast on your trip. Glad you made it back home safely.

malia said...

that's a beautiful journal and it looks like you had an outstanding adventure! Malia

ps the word verification is making me type fartio... seriously!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Welcome back - glad to hear you had a great time! Fun project - thanks for sharing it with us : )