Friday, July 01, 2011

Feels like Summer

It certainly feels like Summer here this week.  It's been over 100 for a number of days now.  That's okay with me... better than winter!    Boo to Winter!      
 I did the card below for the Crafty Secrets Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers this week. They host great challenges over there weekly, and would love to have you join in anytime.  Just look for the Crafty Secrets challenge forum.  This one was "Summer colors"  The image I used was from the "Garden" Creative Scraps, and the papers were from the new "Creating with Vintage Images" CD


I'm enjoying Summer to the fullest.  Loving the sunshine.. lilies blooming out in the tree line... and...


sun tea!  ah... love me some Sun tea! ( with fresh lemon slices please)



Wont you join me?  Pull up a chair on the porch.. we'll chat :)


Have you had a chance to Pay it toward this week?   I was talking about it in my post earlier this week.  I was hoping to have done many more kind things than I was able to this week.. .but hey, there's next week right?     I did call a friend and offer a free night of babysitting so her and her hubby to go to dinner together today. Feeling good about that :)   I plan to give some thought to things I can do next week.  Any ideas?


If we all do just one kind thing.. think how much happier the world would be ( insert big cheesy smile)


                                                                 **********************

6 comments:

Kinzie said...

You are one of the kindest people I know Vic!!! LOVE the tea - wish I could share a glass with you! Have a great 4th!!

malia said...

oh that card is so beautiful! happy 4th of july to you too!!!

debbiek said...

What a pretty card, Ms. Vicki! I'm not a tea drinker but would love to sit with you on the porch and chat. (I'd bring my ice water with a slice of lemon...lol;)
Gosh knows how much happier everyone would be if we thought of others and paid it forward! Hope you and yours have a GRAND 4th.!!

Jane Wetzel said...

oh Ms Vicki...what an ABSOLUTELY gorgeous card! Wish I could share that tea with you...but here is hoping you enjoy a wonderful 4th! :)

Debby said...

Beautiful card. You are such a sweet person. I'd love to have some iced tea with you, is it sweet tea, hah.
I love the pay it forward idea. I am trying to do as much as I can this summer as in the school year my energy is drained.
Happy 4th.

Carla said...

I had to bring my DH over to your blog this evening to show him your clouds. We've been having a crazy, rainy, stormy summer so far here in northeast Colorado, and today is certainly proving no different! Love your sweet, summery card, BTW!