Thursday, July 21, 2011

More fun with new stamps

I have always loved the look of Silhouettes. I was giddy when I saw this new "Vintage Silhouettes" set of Clear Art Stamps from Crafty Secrets.  Isn't it just sweet!

I used parts of this set to create the layout below. The papers are from the New "Creating with Vintage Images CD"  ( the solid pink and green are card stock and the image was stamped on cream card stock and then spritzed with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist.
( you can click to see the layout larger)


Here is the stamp set , so you can see all the elements.

Vintage Silhouettes

..and here is the CD.   If you'd like to see some gorgeous samples done with these and the other newly released products from Crafty Secrets you can see them on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.
Also Sheila Rumney who was the winner of the CD I gave away last week, has two awesome digital layouts posted HERE on her blog. 

______________________________________________________

Well this sweet little face kept me up most of the night last night.  Yep.. you guessed it... rain, thunder and lightening.  I feel so bad for her that it scares her so much, but I feel sorry for myself too.. because I love my sleep! :(   No really! It gets old fast.   Anyone else have this with their dogs??  Any thoughts on what to do?  I have all the shades pulled and turn the fan on high so it will drown out the noise as much as possible. I don't want to have to give her meds for it. Which is what the Vet said the next step would be.  It seems that it's really gotten worse as she's gotten older.  She pants, and paces.. and jumps up on the bed.  She never gets up on the bed any other time.  She's not exactly a tiny puppy, and it's a bit shocking to wake up to a 60lb freaked out dog using the back of your bare legs as leverage to get up on the bed. (Getting up on the bed is a chore for her, as she's not a young pup, and no exactly slim and trim :)      Oh, I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything. Just thought I'd ask if any of you have this problem or have any ideas.    You have been so helpful with things in the past.    I just got an email today from a reader with some ideas to help my moms leg pain.  I so appreciate that.  There really are alot of kind caring people out there.  Thanks Friends!

Speaking of mom.  Dan just had two days off , so he has been working one the puzzle with mom and making lots of progress:)  He keeps trying to get me interested but... it's a no go!  Just not my thing:)
On the other hand... I have a little project of my own going on. This vintage window I got when we were in Walnut Iowa.  I know it looks like a ladder here.. lol.. but picture it running the other way. There is glass in the spaces. I have been working with a razor blade scrapper to get all the paint off the glass.  Looking pretty good huh?  It took a bit of elbow grease for sure, but I hope it pays off in the end, because I have plans for this baby.   I plan to paint it , (when I'm finished sanding) then hang  horizontally, and have vintage photos (5x7's)  put behind the glass in each section.  
I cant wait to have it finished and hung~! 

Hey .. thanks to all of you who have ordered things from my etsy shop.  I wish I had more photo holders and ornate frames as they were popular.  I'll keep my eye out for more.    I have decided to start selling some sets of precut AccuCut shapes.   Below are two of my favorites.    I'll get those added this weekend.

Here are cards done with both shapes so you can see what they look like.

The images used on both these cards are from Crafty Secrets.


Okay...  Have a great weekend friends.  I have lots of Fancy Pants layout to share using the new Releases, so stop back when  you can.

Happy Creating!

Vic

17 comments:

LindaC said...

That window looks really interesting...can't wait to see what you do with it.

The silhouette stamps are nice. You did a great job using them in your layout. I enjoy seeing others use stamps in their scrapbooking.
LindaC

Sheila R said...

Can't wait to see your finished window project!

Thanks again for sharing my digi layouts. I'll be creating more things with the CD as I just love all the images and beautiful papers.

Have a great weekend.

maggiegracecreates said...

I'm a critter mommy and lover too. I don't give mine anti-anxiety meds, but I have resorted to benadryl. It simply makes her sleepy and then we all rest. and it is safe and non addicting. Ask your vet about the dosage.

I follow you in google reader and see every new post. I love your place.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Vic, I LOVE your layout using the stamp set! I need to do a blog post and show yours and Shelia's

Thanks!

Jan said...

LOVE your projects! Perfectly Vintage and Perfectly Vicki :)

MD said...

superbe
bravo md

Linda S. said...

Hi Vicki, I have just spend over 1/2 hour trying to compose an e-mail to you, and cannot get it to "Send". I dog/house sit here in the Omaha area, and one of my clients was raving about the ThunderShirt shown in this post. She said it make a world of difference in their dog's behavior during storms. Check it out:
http://www.dogchatforum.com
Hope it helps, and let me know if you decide to give it a try.
Linda S. in NE
ls4atwindstreamdotnet

Jane Wetzel said...

Mornin Vicki! That lo is just gorgeous and my gosh...how does one go about picking only ONE new CS set??? I esp like that you showed a scrap page since I seriously need to get some done here :) Also- I heard about some "jacket" or shirt thing u can order for your dog...It has been storming here like crazy too along with alot of flooding and H E A T ...
Have a great weekend!

Jane Wetzel said...

BTW...I would definitely be interested in the Accu-shapes to try! Cant wait to see them in your shop!

harrahx2 said...

You find the greatest treasures. I can totally picture that window hung i a long doorway with pics on both sides! Or hung across a bow window. Beautiful. My friends have anxious pups also. Most of them let the dog sleep with them during a storm or give them a half benadryl. Hope mom is doing better and sending lots of hugs! Your layout is fantastic and that is one of the stamp sets I will be ordering. There are at least three I loved! Well, I loved them all but budget wise,,,,,,,

Pamela said...

Vicki,
You may want to call the Nebraska Humane Society to assist you with your dog. They sell these "jackets" for dogs that are supposed to reduce their stress during storms. I had one friend buy one and it works, another one purchased one and says it works sometimes. Good Luck, I had to resort to a very mild sedative for my large puppy!

Pamela

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

We've used the clear liquid benadryl with success. We actually lost our dog of 12 years when a sudden thunderstorm came up in December a couple of years ago. Fireworks and gunshots really affected him, too.

Susie said...

Vicki,
For your dog's anxiety, google "thunder shirt". One of the Chicago radio stations advertises this a lot. And, I'm hearing very good things about it. No drugs required.

By the way...I can't wait to see how your window/picture frame turns out! I would love to do something like that. You give me so much inspiration :)
And, I love the silhouette layout...wow.

The Vintage Dresser said...

Love the window! It'll be fantastic when you get it done. You mentioned Walnut, Ia., and I just had to say that I've been there! Here I live, in the middle of nowhere, Washington state, and I've been to Walnut, Ia! I was actually raised in Iowa and was there on a visit a few years ago and talked my hubby into going to Walnut because it's kinda famous as an antique mecca!
Love your blog!
Nancy

Niki said...

Praying for healing for your sweet little pup!

Love, love your stamp project! Gonna be a must have set for me.

Can't wait to see the finished window project!

Linda Beeson said...

That first card, the one with all of the pink is WONDERFUL!!! LOVE those images and I need to check out those vintage papers.

debbiek said...

Love your pink lay out, Ms. Vicki! Just gorgeous!!!

So sad to hear your pup is having a hard time with the storms. I know first hand how they can become the biggest babies in instances like that. Hope you can find a solution for him. He's got the cutest face!
- Debbie Kaste