Sunday, July 17, 2011

NEW Fancy Pants Christmas line (Altered Photo Holder)

I have to tell you, the new lines just released from Fancy Pants are my favorites ever!  Great lines, with all kinds of matching papers and accessories to make creating so fun.      I've been adding all kinds of things to my Etsy, and one of the things I've added is these vintage photo holders.  They are so fun to alter!  I used the new Fancy Pants Christmas line "Saint Nick" to alter this  one.


The can be used in a number of different ways, but for this project, I altered it so it would stay open the long way, and be free standing.    I cut the back flat on this little Christmas tree, so that I could hot glue it to my project.    They can be altered like this, or without dimensional things so that they can close up and be sent or given as a card that can then be set up to stand freely.  I popped the frame off and attach it back on with foam squares to that it's dimensional with the photo attached flat to the back.

It's hard to see here, but I added Stickles to the image to highlight here and there to look like snow.

Here is what the basic (un-altered) vintage photo holders look like and you can purchase them
HERE in my Etsy, if you are interested.   I have added a number of other goodies also:)


Here is the NEW Fancy Pants  "Saint Nick" line.
(Fancy Pants will be sharing DT projects using all the newly released lines ..starting tomorrow!) HERE




***Tomorrow is also Crafty Secrets Challenge Day.. so be sure to pop back and see what the Design Team has been creating with all their newly released products.  It's going to be great!


Have a great day friends!!

6 comments:

Debby said...

That is so cute. Love that tree and the vintage picture of the children.

Jan said...

What a great idea! Lovin' this new Fancy Pants line!

LauraB said...

what a great idea to alter the mini tree. Can't wait to see what you do with the other side!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Wow! This is absolutely precious - love that tree and the DP is great! I wanted to tell you earlier today but I had to go so here I am again : )

Have A Great Day!

harrahx2 said...

Love that frame and ordered some. I loe what you did with it. Hugs!

nanouvéro47 said...

bonjour de france

ton album est très beau
@+