Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Days

Summer is definatly here!  Hot hot hot out there!  I will still take it any day over winter:)   
It feels strange not to be at CHA.. but I'm totally okay with that this time around.  Things have been busy here and it was kind of nice just to put my projects in the mail and know I could stay home.   The canvas I'm sharing today is one I did for the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L booth for CHA. 

The idea is that it would be a gift for grandparents , Aunt and Uncles ect.. that would have a CD in the holder at the base, that would be filled with photos of the kiddos.    Fun gift for those loved ones that live a ways away and don't get to see the kids as often.
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L make these CD holders. They are so easy to use to add to projects or Scrapbook Pages because they are self adhesive on the backs.


New Foam Tape from Scrapbook Adhesives works great for giving lift and dimension to long border pieces like this.

Below is a photo from CHA that Liz Hicks had posted from the Scrapbook Adhesives booth.  It's projects from the Design Team on display:)


I am telling you it has been HOT here the last few days.  My poor plants are suffering!   Even my gnome wants in. lol


We are staying inside and keeping cool.   Mom is still suffering with alot of pain in her legs. We keep thinking we are getting in under control but then it's back.  She has started new pain meds to help until her next injection, so she is staying with us for a bit.      She likes to do jig saw puzzles, and so does Dan.. so.......     
Here they are!   Not my cup of tea at all, but I did help them sort pieces. haha    


Hope all of you are staying cool and enjoying your week.   I have LOTS of stuff (CHA projects) to share.. so I'll be back to post tomorrow.

hugs, Vic

8 comments:

Karen @ THEBUSYBUG said...

Lovely...I love the colors. I only wish you had a subscription button so that I could receive your posts in my email as you post them!

Jan said...

A beautiful canvas...and love the word "grow"! Hope your mom is doing ok..looks like you've been keeping her busy :) Can't wait to see some more projects!

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
debbiek said...

Love the canvas, Ms. Vicki. I wasn't able to get to CHA either this time:( We just acquired a new fur-baby and he needs our attention. Am looking forward to seeing what you created however! Hope your MaMa feels better soon. Have a great rest of the week and stay cool!
- Debbie Kaste

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Love the Grow project! What a great idea for the picture CD's.

Hope your mom is feeling better. I love that the dog is sitting by her, keeping her company.

harrahx2 said...

Great job Vic. I am sad that the shot hasn't helped your mom. It did help me but I also drink a lot a G2 and take some potassium when I need it. Give her a hug and I hope it gets better!

Linda S. said...

Your project really shines among all the others. Thanks for introducing me to those Photo CD holders...did not know about them.
Hugs and wishes for more relief for your Mom. Linda S. in NE

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I know just how that gnome feels!