Monday, August 22, 2011

Crafty Secrets Design Team Challenge "Fairies"

Happy Monday Everyone!  Hope your weekend was a good one.  Well, we're staring the week out with some fun.. because it's Crafty Secrets  Design Team Challenge Day! woo hoo!    The entire team has pretties to share with you today, so please be sure to check out the links to their blogs at the bottom of this post to see what they've been creating :)  This months challenge is to is use any of the Crafty Secrets products .. in a "fairy" theme.   Brace yourself for a very "visual" post today. lol  I have lots of photos to share. I decided to create a eclectic little mini album to use as a place to keep and collect favorite quotes.   I created the album from random things in my room, like, bingo cards, envelopes, tags, transparent overlays, corrogation, journaling pieces and about anything else that I thought might work.  After cutting my different pieces to approximatly the same size, I punched the wholes for my rings, and then started to create each page.  ( note I said, I "punched" my wholes before I started to create. lol  You have no idea how many times I had to punch through part of my design before I finally learned to start punching my holes first :(

I've had a number of people as me where I got the little bottle I have tied on the front. (filled with fairy dust AKA.. "glitter".    You can find them here at Eclectic Paperie.

Here is what the different pages of the album look like when the album is opened up.

Born to Fly Stamps Set, Update: this is now a Digital Set so all the images
are larger and resizable.
  


 Update: Altered Fairy Scraps are now Printable!!
 
 

The lace stamp used below is from the "Antique Trims" stamps set.  I used papers from the "Creating with Vintage Patterns CD".

I added different cut page shapes ...and added them under the flap of a couple of Maya Road envelopes to help create the inside of the album.  It's hard to see from here, but the image of the little whispering girls are actually on a piece of transparentcy. You can see the writing on the page behind, through the transparentcy.


I stamped and Glimmer Misted shipping tags in different colors as a way to add more space for quotes in my little book.

I think this little floral pattern is my very favorite. love it!



There are so many fun ways to use all the different stamps on this set.  Below you can see how I used the ticket strip and the legs(stamps), to create a little pedistal for my fairy to sit on.


And below I used the little party hat stamp to create a banner by stamping it on different colored patterned paper.  fun huh? 


In the upper left corner I added some jewlery tags with the little words stamped on them.


I love being able to cut out the extra little pieces from the Fairy Creative Scraps sheet and add them with dimension.



I wanted to make this little book something that was kind of a work in progress, so I could add new quotes and saying whenever I wanted.  Having envelopes and tags tied  here and there should make that easy to do.
Hopefully my little  chunky book will be bursting with sayings and quotes!



It was fun to  just "play" when I was creating this little book.  I didnt have any certain design plan, I just added to a page when I came to it.  Creative Freedom! My favorite!







I totally enjoyed creating this little book
I hope you enjoyed taking a look.


Now... here are the links to the rest of the DT so you can see their "Fairy" creations

Vicki Chrisman Team Leader  ( you are here:)



Pam Hooten


Heidi Blankenship


Linda Duke


Michele Kovack


Julie Campbell


Amy Teets


Debbie Marcinkiewicz


Fauve van Maanen


Gini Cagle


Jan Hennings


Tammy Roberts


Victoria Warren Mears


Viola Mahr


Heartwarming Vintage Blog
Crafty Secrets website
 
 
Enjoy the day!
 

36 comments:

Jan said...

LOVE..love your album..so much detail and the Creating With Vintage Patterns paper looks so goooood!

*fauve* said...

Lovely mini,great details!Love it Vicki

Nathalie Kalbach said...

i love this so much!

vio~ said...

oh my lovely-ness! that is so gorgeous. my favorite has got to be the cover of your album!

Debbie said...

What a fun and scrappy little album ... love all the dimension and embellies!!!

rush said...

this journal is exquisite...so much attention to detail and packed with so many different images. lovely.

Pam said...

OMGosh.....I adore your album Vicki, so much to see, beautiful!

Evette K. said...

You had me from the flower on!!!! Absolutely fabulous creation. Love it all. Ty for the inspiration. ekciampo@yahoo.com

Georgee said...

Great mini album. Lovin' it!

Sarah said...

There is something so appealing and friendly about your albums. I think it must be your incredible talent and those wonderful Crafty Secrets products.

Robin said...

Your mini album is delightful! Gorgeous flowers you have inspired me to make a mini album.

Margie said...

What a gorgeous album - so full of detail and loveliness. You can tell you enjoyed making it - it just shines through each page.

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

What an amazing album to cherish! Perfect, just love it!!!!

Theresa said...

This is fantastic! I absolutely LOVE it!!! So charming!!!! Great details!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

pqueenie said...

Wonderful assortment of designs. Love the vintage patterns.

kathy/North Carolina said...

Love, love, love mini albums....and this one is fabulous!

Indy said...

Your album is absolutely amazing. Lovin' the stamps you used!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Great album! You did a FABulous job on it. Love it!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Mickie said...

Love your album Vicki, just precious.

LauraB said...

your art leaves me breathless! thank you for sharing! hope your mama is doing well :0)

Tammy Roberts said...

What a stunning album Vicki!!! I just love your work!

Kristina M. Anderson said...

Love the little book. So pretty with lots of great details. Thank you for sharing.

Shirley N said...

Gorgeous album Vicki! Every page is a vintage delight!

Cynthia said...

Wow, this is really for feast for the eyes, Vicki! I love all of the fun details.

Heidi Blankenship said...

LOVE your album Vicki!!! I love all of the little details on each page!! I had to enlarge all of the photos so I could read the quotes--I love all of the Fantastic quotes!!! Love all the stamped images--can't wait to get that set!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Cassy said...

Those are lovely and very creatively made.

Cassy from Rock Guitar Lessons

malia said...

OK... this is perfect timing... Miss Mia is turning 6 in a few weeks and guess the party theme... fairies of course! Will you be making another book to see on etsy?

AND are you coming to CKC in Seattle this Fall?
xo
Malia

sharon g said...

WOW, that is just amazing!

Daisy said...

I love all the fairies. Loved your entire album and looking at all the little details.

harrahx2 said...

Fabulous job Vicki! You have some amazing talent! Hugs.....

Sunfairy said...

LOVE your albumn Vicki!! Every page is an adventure in beautiful and fun details! I love the way it can grow along with your collection of quotes!
Thank you so much for showing me how to create by combining all my CS goodies and the inspiration!

joy said...

Adorable mini album! What a special album with that sweet little girl fairy!

Charlene Clous said...

your little album is so cute! Thanks Vicki!

Noreen said...

A delightful album, chock full of wonderful details!

snowbear said...

Very nice album... i love it!! Great job!!!!

Blogger said...

I recommend that you stick with the ultimate Forex broker.