Saturday, August 06, 2011

Down and the Farm Canvas

Hey everyone.  Trying to do quick post here at the hospital on my laptop while mom is sleeping.  Mom was running a fever and just not doing well at all on Wed night,so we ended up calling the rescue squad to bring her in to the hospital. After some IV antibiotics..the fever is gone and she is feeling better.  Now we just have to work on the pain management, and her getting her built back up.  Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers for her.  I will keep you posted.
***********************
The canvas below ( you can click on it to see if larger) is one of my Tattered Angels projects this month, so if you want a list of the colors and paints used , you can get them all on the Tattered Angels Blog okay?  Much easier than me linking them all again here right now. lol (lazy Vicki:)


The stamped I used are all from Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. You can see what stamps were used here on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.

The photo is my Grandma with my Uncle Al, mom and my Aunt Viv when they were children on the farm in SD.





I'll be back when I can.  Enjoy the weekend friends.   hugs, Vic

17 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

So glad to hear your Mom is a bit better. Huge hugs sweet girl!!!

Debby said...

Sorry your Mom had a rough time, hope she gets better soon.

mollydianeh said...

I'll be thinking of you and your Mom. I'm an RN in a busy ER and I know how hard it is on the patient to be sick, and still...I witness the difficulty that the family endures during this time. Hugs to you and I'll be praying.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm sorry to hear your Mom had to go to the hospital. I'll be praying for her recovery and your family during this time. It's not easy to see someone you love hurting! BTW your canvas is out of this world - love it all :)

Susan said...

I'm sorry that your mom is in the hospital but glad she's doing better. Will keep her in my prayers. Lovely canvas!

Jan said...

Hugs and prayers to you and your sweet Mom! I do hope they can figure something out to relieve her pain.
Your Down on the Farm canvas is so COOL and love all the detail!

Jane Wetzel said...

Sending you a big hug Vicki- incredibly gorgeous canvas...

harrahx2 said...

Nathanial looks a bit like the third from the left.....Hugs and tell mom I hope she is feeling better!

Linda S. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your Mom is having a rough time and is in the hospital. Glad she was at your home, so you could get things attented to and get her feeling better. Very stressful and not easy, I know, so sending a hug to both of you. Off to check out the details on your beautiful canvas.
Linda S. in NE

debbiek said...

Sorry to hear your Mom wasn't doing well, Ms. Vicki. Hope she's better now. LOVE your 'Down on the Farm' artwork. What a priceless piece!
- Debbie Kaste

Lady Pamela said...

Please pass on a 'get well hug' to your Mom from me.
This artwork is quite fabulous. I really enjoyed looking at all the details.

Sunfairy said...

Sending strong and loving vibes and prayers to you and your mom honey.
Your canvas is gorgeous!! I don't know how you continue to keep topping yourself! The farm stamps and animals are one of my favorites and wow! you did beautifully with them. You're so lucky to have such great photos, too!
Warmest hugs :)

kathy/North Carolina said...

Glad your mom is getting the care she needs. remember to take care of yourself, too! Being in the hospital caring for someone who is ill can really wear you out. Sending you a hug!

MissusMege said...

I really like the ribbon you used. And the tag with the chicken on it is perfect for the farm connection.

I hope your mam gets better soon. :) x

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, LoVe Love LOVE it!

Cynthia said...

Fabulous altered canvas project, Vicki! Thanks for sharing.

Pammie Kay said...

I haven't hopped in here for quite a while...doing some catching up..sorry to hear of your mom, but read she is better.. I adore your canvas and will definately "crop-lift" it. Or the inspiration of it!