Friday, August 19, 2011

New Vintage Street Market

Oh..the new Vintage Street Market "Family Fashion Set" has so many fun things in it, I decided to make a little mini album with "Childhood  Photos" using it. The album is from "Basically Bare".  It was naked chipboard, I just painted the front.   I got a good start on this little album,but have more photos to add. All the darling little peices that come in this kit are so fun to embellish with.


I have to finish up my journaling also..but I added plenty of little journal spots so I can add it later. 
My sis and I laugh about the story behind this little dress.  Since I'm the youngest of seven kiddos, and came along a bit later :) once I started school, mom was working full time, so my sister Jan would dress me for school.  Jan really liked this little dress ( I guess , like me .. she was a big fan of paisley. lol), because I wore "this" dress alot! lol         I'm sure I had plenty of dresses.. btw. lol

Below you can see what the Accessory Kit looks like..but you can see it all HERE.


I have to laugh at the photo below... I'm not looking too happy. lol
The little once are my brother Garys kiddos.  The photo was taken in mom and dads back yard.  
I was just over at moms and that same bush (in the background) is blooming just like that right now.

When I was growing up, mom worked as a book keeper at the "Farmers Union Co-Op". The photo below was taken at a pancake feed they had there.  Grandma and Grandpa Bendig on the left, mom and I (dad must have been at work) and my Aunt Ede and Uncle George on the  right.
Again.. still need to get my journaling done.


One more thing to share.   Below is a layout  I did this the new "Family Fun Set" Paper kit.


****************************************************************

Today is Kate's birthday.  Happy Birthday Kate. Hope you have a fantastic day.
Kate started her student teaching this week :)


                      **************************************************************



Lots to do today, so I better get moving.  Wes is home so we are planning to go see mom for a bit.

Wishing you all a fantastic start to your weekend!

6 comments:

Debby said...

Cute little book. Love that line.
Happy Birthday to Kate and good luck with the student teaching.

Miss Shawn said...

Tell Kate "Good Luck" on student teaching. She'll learn more then she ever did at school. And tell her to be prepared, you start teaching right away. It's an eyeopener. I went through so if she needs any help, let me know. Where is she at and what grade? More to follow in an email, need to catch up.

harrahx2 said...

Say hi to Mom forme! HB to Katie also. Love the little book and adorable pictures of you! You haven't changed a bit.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Kate and I hope her student teaching goes well! Great little album - funny I have a school picture with the same haircut and a paisley jumper my Mom made for me : ) I'm glad to hear your Mom is improving - will continue to pray for your family during this time.

Take Care!

janel said...

Always magic when I see your work. Just darling. Hope your week is wonderful, and special hugs and thoughts to your sweet mother.

malia said...

pretty darn sweet!