Saturday, August 13, 2011

Pretty LIttle Tins

I don't know about you..but I'm a "saver"of stuff! I have bins in my supply closet of things I save for altering.  I love the chance to make something old ...new again. There's something so rewarding about making something that can be enjoyed from something that might have just been tossed.  As I dug around in one of my boxes of "saved goodies" I found a number of these little tins that I've saved over the last couple of years.  Some were from Maya Road, some from Prima, and others were containers candles or other little things came in .  The one below with the ribbon and flowers on it was from the Dollar store. They have them with the wedding decor.

I used the new Mini Vintage Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets and papers from the "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD.  I added strips of gems and pearls for embellishments, along with some other bits of trims.
I love this "bee" image. This tin came with a candle inside. Sure glad I didn't toss it, because I'm loving it now:)


Rarely do I use the sticky strips of pearls or gems, as I normally use them individually. But using the strips worked so great for edging these little tins.
I think this image is so pretty!   The tin below is one of the ones you can find at the dollar store.  You can get a number of them in a package for $1. ( I don't remember exactly how many..but it's a deal)
I did the one below to be a little less girlie.

The "Lacey" looking paper piece on the bottom half of the tin in the photo below is cut from the inside of the Creative Scraps sheet. Isn't it pretty:)

Oh.. the birds.  Everyone loves the birds. lol

Remember ... before you toss it ....look again..... Can you create something beautiful with it?  I think so :)

****************************************************

The weather has been just PERFECT here the last few days.  I'm enjoying my flowers...


and Aly's enjoying being outside more to keep an eye on the squirrels. lol


The light coming in the dinning room windows tonight at dinner time was just so pretty.  ( and no.. we didn't have "pears" for dinner. They just happen to be on the table. lol)

And .. on my way home from my visit with mom ... I got to enjoy another gorgeous sunset.  Windows down.. a favorite CD in... and I'm a happy girl!


                                                         Lots to be thankful for once again.

                                                                 Enjoy your weekend!

12 comments:

malia said...

miss vicki! totally charming and oh-so-creative project... love the chic up-cycling girl! xo

Debby said...

I am a saver as well. I love what you did with the little boxes.

harrahx2 said...

Such creative ideas and all from recycle. You are quite the clever one. Hope all is well and mom is progressing. It is raining cats and dogs here. Need it so no complaints. Sending smiles.

Sarah said...

I have to confess, I have a box full of little tins that need to be altered, too. Yours are so cute, it may just be the inspiration that I need to get some done.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm glad to hear your mom is improving : ) The tins and mirror below are wonderful! What a cute idea to add the peek a boo and the strips of bling look great on the tins! And I am grateful that you have so much to be grateful for - thanks for being you!!

stampqueen said...

Love all your tins!!!!
Beautiful sunset too!!!

Axes DesigNs said...

Wow.. I know now what Am I going to do with my tins :) thanks for sharing Vicki.. I'm so happy and I can't wait to see my tins so beautiful as yours!!
Magdalena.

kathy/North Carolina said...

I had to laugh....I have boxes of saved "stuff" stored in two closets! Tins, little boxes, bottle caps, old frames...Now I'm saving cardboard egg cartons after seeing a blog hop that used them to make the most exquisite flowers! LOL!

Your tins are darling....and you are precious!

Linda S. said...

Your last sentence says it all...me too!! Linda S. in NE

Mickie said...

You and I were cut from the same cloth I do think. I have such a menagerie of things to alter. You certainly did a fantastic job on these tins and gave me some great ideas. TFS

cbuswell said...

LOVE your tins, they're so gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Just love these! Thanks for sharing. I'll be visiting the dollar store soon....