Monday, September 19, 2011

Crafty Secrets DT Challenge "Retro inspiration"

Crafty Secrets DT is going RETRO today!  It's challenge day and we thought we'd have a little fun creating projects with a retro feel.   I'll link to all the DT blogs at the bottom of this post,so be sure to check out what the girls have been working on.  Also... Since Sandy is still in France, I'll be doing the blog post on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog today, so I hope you'll stop over.  I have other projects from the girls posted there, as well and a few "retro" cards I created this week.     Oh... and I even changed my music here, while this post is up... just to get you in the mood for the festivities :)  I hope you enjoy!

I created this little recipe "lunch box" for today.   I find these little  lunch box style tins at Target in the  $ bin.  I loved this color and thought it would be perfect for this project, so I was ready to go.
I used Papers from the "Creating with Vintage Images" CD from Crafty Secrets, as well as Kitchen Time Cuts and Kitchen Classics set of Clear Art Stamps.
( small silverwear are doll silverware)


I cut dividers for the recipes, and used a variety of different papers from the CD , images from the sheet of cuts, and the stamps to decorate them.



I tried to gather them together in a few shots so you can see most of them.

Crafty Secrets has MANY different images and stamps that have that fun retro feel. I just happened to choose these"Kitchen"themed products.     The cards I have posted on the Heartwarming Vintage blog are in a "Girlfriend" sort of theme.
I can tell you this much... I'm going to love this challenge!  I cant wait to see the DT's Creations!   Here are the links to their blogs   So.... take off your aprons girls, grab a cup of coffee and put your feet up to join me :)



Vicki Chrisman Team Leader  you are here



Pam Hooten


Heidi Blankenship


Linda Duke


Michele Kovack


Julie Campbell


Amy Teets


Debbie Marcinkiewicz


Fauve van Maanen


Gini Cagle


Jan Hennings


Tammy Roberts


Victoria Warren Mears


Viola Mahr

Heartwarming Vintage Blog

Crafty Secrets website

    

                  ***   Have a wonderful week my friends!***

13 comments:

Linda D said...

WOW! you've have been one busy girl! All of your projects are just perfect... I can't pick a favorite, Beautiful work as always. PS hope your weekend went well :)

Jan said...

OH! This is beyond cute...love it allll!! The lunch box is amazing!

Tammy Roberts said...

What an amazing project Vicki!!!

Pam said...

LOVE this Vicki, I knew you'd rock this theme!!

Daisy said...

Your project is so cute! Love this new Crafty Secrets challenge.

A Vintage Chic said...

What a fun idea, Vicki--LOVE this, my friend!

Julie

debbiek said...

This is just PRECIOUS, Ms. Vicki! I adore it. You are so incredibly talented and I love seeing what you come up with. It's always such a treat...
- DebbieK

beadz said...

What a fun recipe box - too cool!
hugs,
Gini

Cynthia said...

This is a great project, Vicki! I am Completely Wowed!!

PS > Great choice of music...

Creative Grammie said...

What a cool way to hold your gorgeous retro recipe cards. This is such a great idea. TFS

kathy/North Carolina said...

Darling! I love the details on the recipe cards. I think I might make some of this for Christmas pressies! Thanks for the great idea.

harrahx2 said...

Love the music and the project! Hugzzzzz....

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a clever idea to use doll silverware! I know I'm behind but glad to hear you had a great weekend and that your Mom came home : ) Love the wreath! It would make a great gift for my nephew and his wife -both music teachers who just bought their first home. Thanks for all of the great ideas!