Saturday, September 03, 2011

Jarad and Kate Canvas piece

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We don't have any big plans for the weekend as it's Dans weekend to work.  That's okay, because I have only about a million things around here I could be catching up on... so glad to have the time to do that:)  I can not believe how fast this past week went by!  I feel like I lost a day or two in there somewhere. lol     It's dramatically cooled off here in the last 24 hours .. wow.  Between it cooling off, seeing that some leaves are falling already and the fact that today was the first "Husker" game .. it was really feeling like Fall to me today. ( oh.. and it's could be that "Mulled Cider" candle that's been burning all afternoon, that's helping that feeling along.)
**************************
Okay.. on to the project I wanted to share today.  This is one of the projects I did for Tattered Angels this month. The theme for the month was using Tattered Angels and Prima products together.


I used  Peach Bellini Glam Glam with Coral Reef Glimmer Mist  on the Chipboard.


for the canvas background I used Jazz Blue, Caribbean Blue, Key Lime Coral Reef  Glimmer Mist , Mermaid Glam and Sea Kelp Glaze 

 
now.. to find a frame for it .
_____________________________________________________________

I have a couple of photos from the other day, that I wanted to share.  My niece Neely was back in NE for just a few days.  Always thrilled anytime I get to spend some time with her.  ( I tried to take a pic..but as you can see.. I pretty much cut myself out) lol   It wasn't quite as hard to say goodbye to her this time, knowing she'll be back again shortly for Grandmas Birthday celebration. yay! 
I love that sweet girl to pieces!  


Here's a little peek of the goodies at Jones Bros Cupcakes where we ate.  Oh my!


My sis Jan and I, had these little (vanilla) lovelies.  Neely had (Sweet and Salty).  You can see all the different kinds they make  HERE       holy moly...yum!


REMEMBER... if you want to put your name in for the the giveway I'm hosting.  all you have to do, is leave a comment on Mondays post  HERE    I will draw for a winner on Monday (Sept 5th).


Enjoy your weekend!


8 comments:

NanaBeth said...

I have those chipboard pieces from Crafty Secrets,canvas,mist and now I have inspiration.

Jan said...

Love the canvas of Jared and Kate...what a cute couple :) You always have perfect details and I like the close ups :)
AND..the cupcakes, NUMMMM!

harrahx2 said...

Beautiful job on the canvas and your Niece looks marvelous! Great picture. Oh yeah, and I will have one of each of the cupcakes...just sayin...

Trudy's mom said...

You ARE an inspiration.

Linda S. said...

Hi Vicki, I wanted to comment on your beautiful project featuring Kate and Jared. Great job! I am a little confused about the type of canvas you used. In one photo, it looks like a raw piece of canvas cut to the size you needed. In another photo, the piece is standing up and is very smooth and ridgid enough to stand on a easel. But then I read on, and you mention that you would like to find a frame for the piece...so how would you mount the piece to be inserted in a frame?
Thanks for being so generous with your time, and inviting us to ask questions. As you can see, I take full advantage of your offer! :))
Linda S. in NE ps I have also noticed the beautiful sunsets are back.

stampqueen said...

Love the canvus - great picture and I love the colors you chose!!!
RAIN, RAIN and more RAin for us this weekend - over 12 inches since friday night....lucky for us the sandy soil here is used to that and drains easily!!!
Send me some of the cool weather - once the sun comes back its going to be super hot and humid!!!

A Vintage Chic said...

What a fabulous layout, Vicki! I'm SO loving those colors together right now for some reason...they remind me of Arizona, I think!

So glad you had some good time with Neely--looks like you had fun! LOVE those cupcakes--think it's time for me to come visit my friend Vicki.....!

Hope your LONG weekend is wonderful & that you get caught up--I need to get busy, too!

Talk to you soon...

Julie

Precious Treasures said...

Those cupcakes are yummy. I got some for the kids for Valentines day and waited in a huge line but it was wort the wait. Thats a really nice mall over there too.