Friday, September 16, 2011

Let Paper and Paint do the work

Boy you can tell things have been a tiny bit busy around here.. because I'm finding it hard to find time to sit down and do blog posts:(   Sorry kids. I'll be back in the swing of things soon.   We are getting excited because family has started to arrive for moms big birthday celebration next weekend.  I have a large family and we are spread out across the US, so this has been over a year in the works. For everyone to get time off from work, arrange flights ect.. has been a no small endeavor. There will be close to 60 of us .. kids, grand kids and great grand kids home at one time. Yippee!    We are all just so happy that mom is home and doing so well.  I was there visiting today and I just can believe how she has improved, and how much better she feels now that she is off all the pain meds  she was on.  Praise the Lord!     Again.. thank you all for all your thoughts, kind words and prayers.  Seems like you have all be through it with me:)  Whatever is happening in my life.. automatically seems to run over into my writings here. It's where I share :)  Thanks for listening.

Okay.. time to "share" something creative.     This is one of my Tattered Angels projects for Sept. 
You can see my projects and LOTS of others the DT has created with Prima and Tattered Angels products together here on the Tattered Angels Blog. 

I created this piece as a gift for my sister and brother-in-laws 50th wedding anniversary.  I used a piece of the Prima “Sew Cute” papers along with Tattered Angels Paints and sprays.


I accented alot with “Twinkle Toes” Glam I also used Sassy Silver Glaze and Cotton Candy Chalkboard.

With the combo of this beautiful paper, and TA paints I wanted to keep the embellishments to a minimum to show them off …and also keep the focus on the photo.

I painted a larger piece of thin wood to mount and frame this layout when I was finished.  I plan to give it to them next weekend when they are back for the celebration.  Hope they like it.

Well, I officially got my slippers out today!  Do you know what that means?  (yeh.. my feet are cold, right).  That means ... summer is going away... and fall is approaching.   I never have shoes on.  I'm barefoot any chance I get.  But... my tooties were COLD this morning.   I am not ready to say  goodbye to summer, although I do like fall.  (just not what comes after that) brrrr     Summer just seemed to fly by for me this year.    One thing I do not like about cold fall nights.. is my beautiful plants freezing.    I enjoy them so much.  Just as the weather cools a bit from the extreme heat, the plants start looking so nice..then FREEZE. poo!    I will enjoy them for what time there is left... then just look forward to the beautiful colors of the turning trees.




Monday is the Crafty Secrets DT challenge day, so I need to get busy and finish my projects tonight. (with my slippers on:)    Be sure to stop by on Monday, I'll have links to all the girls beautiful creations.

** Also, while Sandy is away in France( poor thing..haha), I did a blog post for her on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.   I posted a number of great Halloween projects the DT has created.  Pop over and take a look HERE.

Thanks friends!

Enjoy your weekend!

7 comments:

Shirley said...

OMG, Vicki, I got out my slippers, too!! LOL! So very glad to hear that your mom is doing so well and will be ready to celebrate at her party--can't wait to see the pics and layouts!! Speaking of your layouts, the anniversary one is Gorgeous, the details and stitching such a wonderful touch--I'm sure they'll LOVE it!!

Susan said...

Your anniversary collage is beautiful! They will love it! I'm jealous of your cool weather! We're still having 100+ temps, although one day last week was in low 80's (cold front!) but now hitting high 90's again. Ugh! So glad your mom is home and feeling so much better. What a wonderful celebration she has to look forward to.

Jan said...

Vicki,
This is just beautiful and love the touch of glitter :)

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, so glad to hear the party is on! Love the layout design and the colors and I also put on my warm slippers this morning! It dropped drastically last night and was cold today! I love the colors of fall but not the cold. Hugs to you and to mom!

Linda S. said...

Oh Vicki, I am so happy that Mom is back home and will be able to enjoy seeing and celebrating with all her family members. That photo of her in the car just took my breath away...she looked so much like my own Mother. I know it was the white hair and tourquoise jacket, but still brought a tear to my eye. I always love seeing your family photos as well as the scenery ones. Your flowers really are putting on a great last show before the frost hits.
Linda S. in NE

stampqueen said...

Hallo, we accually are haveing some cooler weather here too - soooo NICE!!!
Glad to hear that your sweet Mama is back home and doing well!!!
Your sister will love that layout - its beautiful!!
Have fun with the family reunion!!! Our next get together will probably be my sisters daughters wedding in Aug next year....

Gail S. said...

What a beautiful layout!!! I can sure feel fall in the air in Central NE. Hope you are having a great weekend!