Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sheet Music wreath project

Sorry for being missing for a few days..it was a busy weekend for sure. All good stuff!  I have lots of photos to share about it ,but first a new project.     I love these book print/and or sheet music wreaths, but had not tried one of my own.  Kind of dreaded the idea of cutting all the squares...until I thought  how much easier it would be if I used my AccuCut Machine.   Which is the first thing I think of anytime I have to cut more than one of anything. lol   As I started to think about it, I realized I had a die that would probably work really great.   I used my AccuCut  Cone-Jumbo CN200J die to cut the sheet music pieces to assemble this.  Really Easy!   And I love the end result.


You could certainly put anything in the center, I just created a rose from the leftover paper strips.
Hmmmm.. now where to hang it??

I started Saturday out watching the air show with family.   My sis Donna, and brother in law arrived in NE, so it was great to get to spend time with them.  Perfect veiw from my nephews deck :)

Such a NICE day!

The day was so great anyway..but check out Diana's Cooking! Oh MY .... I am telling you ...THAT GIRL CAN COOK!  Amazing!!


Diana, Donna, Jan, and I


I had to smile when I looked down and saw all our matching rings. (Ron (my brother-in-law... Donna's husband) made them for us years ago). I never take mine off.
Saturday night Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers played at the Bourbon Theater (down town Lincoln).   Jan and I had a fantastic time!

You know how much I love their music, so when their tour brings them through Nebraska.. I GO! So this time it was back to back nights :)    Gabby and I went to see them the next night in Omaha.   (Die hard, right?) lol       We had a great time!


Music was fantastic!
Always great to see friends ( fellow Peacemakers:) at shows.   Actually I put my camera down at the ground to test to see if my flash was on ..and that's how I got this photo.  When I pulled my photos up on my computer last night.. I saw this... and loved it.   Some times photo accidents are good.


That would be us with Mr Roger Clyne himself 

The good times where topped off by........

Mom getting to go home yesterday!

Here was are loading up in the car.

See was pretty happy to be heading home, as you can see.


I can really ask for a better weekend than that, now can I?
Thanks for letting me share with you friends.


12 comments:

Shirley said...

So glad that your momma got to go home! Looks like you all had a great weekend!!

Debby said...

What a fun time. Your Mom does look glad to be leaving. Good for her.

Jan said...

love..love the sheet music wreath :) So glad your Mom is able to come home :) I bet she's tickled pink! Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers!

Sarah said...

Love your wreath...pinned it on Pinterest.
Glad your mom is back to comfortable surroundings. There's no place like home!

Margie said...

Great ending to what sounds like a fun-filled weekend! Love the wreath and your comment about "just made a flower for the centre" - yeah, just like that! Its a fabulous flower and I'd love some more details, please..... :)

kathy/North Carolina said...

That wreath is amazing! Love, love, love it! I'm so glad you had such a good weekend, and super glad that Mom is home! Yay!

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG Vicki I LOVE that wreath! Looks like you had a marvelous weekend and I am so happy your mom got to come home! hugs, Jane

malia said...

What a beautiful wreath... I absolutely love it! happy news about your mom ( -:
xo malia

MJ said...

The wreath is beautiful but you must realize that each time you craft with music, I am adagio-ed one note at a time!

Glad your mom is more comfortable now!

harrahx2 said...

Great pictures, great haircut and love that wreath. Reminds me when they used to make wreaths from computer punch cards...of course, you are too young to remember that!

Catherine said...

I'm happy to hear your Mama is home again, what a relief for you! Love your wreath -- perfect with the music papers! xox

Theresa Walls said...

I would love to know how to make that wreath! Do you have any instructions!