Monday, September 26, 2011

So Much to be thankful for

Well, I couldn't image a better title for this post. I guess "thankful" is just a great way to describe the entire weekend with my family and friends.  It's been so great having my family home this past week to celebrate moms 90th birthday with.. and just get to spend time with.   I'll share some photos  from Saturday (moms birthday party), but first here's a new layout.     

This was a Fancy Pants layout I did for their blog using "Summers End" Glitter Cuts as the "Product Spotlight"   The photo is of my nephew Scott's family.

Always fun to add a little Glimmer mist too:)



I have so many photos I'd love to share...it's hard for my to choose just a few, you know. lol    So here are some from the Party for mom on Saturday.    It was a BUSY and fun filled weekend for sure.  We had family home from all over.   About 60 of us... kids, grand kids, and great grand kids... alone.  We got together Friday night for Pizza and a bit of visiting. Then Saturday afternoon for moms party.  After the party we had people out to our cabin.  It was all so fun!    I'll share some photos from the fun time at the cabin later, but for now.. here are some from Moms party .
 My brothers and sisters with mom.  Below from left to right ...
Donna, me , Dan ,Ray, Jan, Sharon.
(with us in our hearts.. My brother Gary, and Dad)

My mom enjoyed greeting all her family and friends as they arrived at the party.

below.. my friend Julie is looking through a photo book with her.

My sis Jan and I had set up a little area with vintage things from over the years, mixed with photos and keepsakes.  Everyone seems to enjoy it.   I had brought that pink chair for mom to sit in , so that she didn't have to sit in the wheelchair to greet people.  She looked so pretty.


These are some little pieces of stitching my mom did as a child.



I'm sure mom was more than ready for bed that night... because she greeted alot of   people :) but she was loving getting to see everyone.  She was so happy with the day.

Jarad and Kate... serving cake.   All of the grandchildren took turns serving cake, coffee,punch  and greeting at the guest book table.


Our boys Jarad and Weston with their grandma.
We all brought photos and put them in containers on each of the 10 big round tables, for people to look at.  It was such a great conversation piece. So much reminiscing going on :)     After the party as we were waiting the dinner to be brought in for the family, I found Grandma , Jarad and Hunter sitting together and looking through them. So cute!


We had food catered in for the family after the main party ...here's the family ..serving up some dinner.


A fun photo of some of the girls with the vintage aprons :)

 

I cant begin to tell you how great it felt to have so many of the people I love so much .. all together the past few days.  It was wonderful!
Hard to say good bye again...but SO thankful for our time together. Thankful for safe travels for everyone, absolutly gorgeous weather, wonderful friends who made the day so special, and most of all for mom being well enough to enjoy it all!




11 comments:

Thanh Vo said...

Your mother is so cute, Vicki! I'm sure she felt so loved at her party. Glad she had a good one.

Jane Wetzel said...

Bless you Vicki! So happy for you!

Julie Higgins said...

Awwww.....what a wonderful celebration for your sweet Mom! Loved the pictures. They will be such cherished memories.

It was great to see all of your family that I have heard stories about and seen pictures of. Your mom raised such awesome kids!

I still think you should hire out to do parties..you sure know how to do it and do it so beautifully:)

And I am honest about the fact that your family ages so gracely and well! Everyone looks so young:)

Thanks for making me feel so special, Julie

stampqueen said...

Your sweet Mama looks wonderful!!! So pretty in her pink dress and the pink armchair!!!!
Lots of great family pictures and it looks like a wonderful weekend!!!!
The layout is great too!!!!

Renee VanEpps said...

Awww! What a great family you have, and your mom is adorable :) I can tell from reading your blog how much you adore her. Great LO, love the glimmer cut and mists :) Take care

Jan said...

What a beautiful Birthday celebration for your Mom! She looks beautiful, content and happy :) How nice to have so many friends and family come and celebrate her 90th Birthday!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm so happy for you and your family - what a special time! Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics - you girls look great in those aprons : )
Mom is looking great too!!

Debby said...

How special is it to be able to celebrate 90 with your mother. She is beautiful. So nice that so many people were there for her day. I like the vintage touches. Happy Birthday to your Mama.

debbiek said...

Looks like everyone had a great time and so happy your Mom was able to enjoy it all! Love her outfit and the pink chair...you are such a sweet daughter to think of alllll the details!

malia said...

your mom is beautiful... what a wonderful party

Paben said...

Vicki it was a nice time getting to see and visit with everybody,some I haven't seen in awhile!Your Mom looked so nice.The pics with her stitching has a wedding dress pattern.That was the same pattern Mom used to make my wedding dress!