Sunday, October 16, 2011

Altered Frame

wow.. trying to figure out where the time goes??  I just looked to see when my last blogpost was and was shocked to see it was Wensday!  To think there was a time when I blogged everyday!  I'm slip'n :)
In my defense, I wasnt feeling super great this weekend. Some bug I imagine, just praying mom doesnt get it.
The project I'm sharing was one that posted today over on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog.  So if your interested in a "how to", you'll find it there with a step by step :)     The Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Graphic 45 Design Teams have has a blog hop going on... so you can see how I used SA by 3L different adhesives with paper from Graphic 45′s Renaissance Faire Collection, ( and Crafty Secrets "Photo Studio" Clear Art Stamps to create the frame re-do.


Here is what I started with .  $1.20 Clearance frame from Hobby Lobby.  ( in this photo, I've already started pulling off some of the embellishments and paper that was oringinally one it)




All the stamps used on the frame are from the "Photography Studio set" from Crafty Secrets.
The film wheel thingy was something found last year at Junk Bonanza.  I bought a couple just because I thought they were cool.  The actual vintage film strip can be purchased here at Vintage Street Market.

Oh.. btw.. the people in the photo, are my Aunts and Uncles.  Aunt Pauline and Aunt Dorothy .. my dads sisters, married two brothers, Bill and Emil.  cute huh

What else happened this weekend? Well, I baked a couple of pies to put in  the freezer.  (Company coming soon... so preparing, so I can visit, instead of spending my time in the kitchen when they are here).


And Saturday morning my neice, Halle and my sister-in-law Lori, came out for a visit.  Grandma Dunn got a kick out of Halle showing her, her new "princess" stuff :)   Griffin was with is Dad at the cabin, but Halle was perfectly content to hang with the girls. 

Before I close, I dont want to forget to tell you that there are two new  blog posts up over on the Heartwarming Vintage blog.   Sandy (Crafty Secrets owner), just came back from France, and has and amazing post up with photos from her trip and tons of information about French Flea Markets  here.
And... this post, filled with gorgeous samples.


Wishing you all a great start to your week!


Vic

 


4 comments:

harrahx2 said...

Hey Vic, I had to laugh at that little girl all bundled up in fleece and flip flops! Kids are amazing. Love the frame and of course, I want the pie. RIGHT NOW~ The red cherry one. Send me recipe and tell me how you freeze a pie and have it look okay when you take it out???? Hugs to you and hope you are feeling better.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

The reel and film are a great touch and I love how you used the stamps! Hope you're feeling better and please tell your Mom I said Hi!

Julie said...

Oh man...what awesome pies! Too pretty to eat!

malia said...

so flippin cool! i love how your mind works