Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Art girls day... "Halloween style"

What a fun day with the girls!  Today I hosted Art Group here, and it was so great to see everyone. Summer was really busy for most of us, so it's been a while since we've gotten together.   It was just a fun, laid back day, to chat and catch up, while making a little something.  I had planned for us to all make one of
these Sweet chips folding chipboard houses from Crafty Secrets.   Here they are (close to being finished) lol at the end of the day today.   * You can click to see them larger*

This is mine.  I used  some of the black and white patterns on the "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD, and printed them on orange card stock.  I used images from the Halloween "Image and Journal Notes" and also from the Halloween Double sided Creative Scraps.  The banner was stamped from the "Artsy Banners" set of Clear Art Stamps.


The most fun part about doing this as a group.. and us all doing the same project, is seeing how everyone makes theirs so different and unique from the others.  Everyones creative mind works differently :)

lol.. I love Stephanie's spider with a bow.  Of course we did ours "Halloween" but I've seen them done in about every theme imaginable.  Christmas, Beach, Hospital, Easter, Shabby Vintage,  ect ect..

Of course we had some snacks :)

Guess what I worked on the night before while watching tv with mom?  yep pinwheels for the cupcakes. lol

We are all about little gifts.  Girls like that stuff, you know ; )


Check out these pinwheels Stephanie made for everyone, and put in vintage containers she'd been picking up over the summer.  I should have gotten a better photo of the planter.. it's so cute.  It's a vintagy pink squirrel.


These girls are so fun. We shared ideas, gave little gifts, drank some cider and laughed alot!


Paula ( above), Jessica (below)
And check out this amazing huge basket of veggies, and canned goods Paula brought me for me birthday.
The colors were just so pretty!
They obviously had a good sized garden this year. wow! We are going to enjoy this! 



My mom had her first experience of a "art girls" gathering... haha..   I turned her recliner around to face the table with us.  I think she just probably thinks...  ummm..that we talk alot! lol  My mom is a pretty quiet lady..but she is used to me... so  it was just like listening to me ..times 6. lol

It was a great time!  Thankful to have these girls in my life!


Vic




17 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

WOW Vic - tell the girls all of the houses turned out Spooktacular!!! I also love how cool the damask paper from the CD looks on the orange cardstock
I need to add this to my post!

Thanks
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Those houses are darling! You sold me...I just ordered 6 to make for Thanksgiving or Christmas!! Thanks for always giving me my next craft idea! Tell your mama "hi"!!

Julie Higgins said...

That last comment was from me....it posted before I signed my name:)

Catherine said...

looks like you had a wonderful day -- wish I could have been there too -- the cupcakes (and company) look great! Miss you!

stampqueen said...

Looks like a blast!!! Love the Halloween themed houses!!!
I haven't had much computer time for awhile but DH is out of town and the teens both are in their rooms with music playing - loudly- one rock the other country and ever so often one gets louder then the other......and then I have to be the Mom and tell them to turn it down....meanwhile I am blogsurfin :)
Have a great day!!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

I love making these little houses! In fact, I have three of them that I've just finished for Christmas. But, you gave me a great idea...I am planning a party for a few girlfriends, and this would be the perfect activity...so I'm off to order some sweet chips! Thanks!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a fun filled post! The pedestal turned out great for displaying your house! Plus I love all the different details folks added - tinsel smoke and the spider with the bow! I guess for your Mom it was like watching "The View - Goes Crafting"
Enjoy Your Day :)

linda said...

This looks like so much fun! The houses are adorable!

harrahx2 said...

Your decorations, your designs and your everything! You are spectacular. PLEASE come visit DC (ME) and hlep me declutter and change up! Love the houses. Love the gifts and fun and friends and that your mom got to share it all. Hugs!

bettyann said...

lovely lovely lovely.....

malia said...

OH MY GOODNESS... I am in Halloween decor heaven. I sure love your stuff!!!

Gail S. said...

Looks like you have soooo much fun!! Wish I lived closer (haha). Beautiful work - every one of them. Gail S.
P.S. The cuppy cakes look wonderful :)

Erin Glee said...

I love how all your houses look together! What a fun time...you are so lucky to have such nice, creative friends you can "play" with!

Rita Barakat said...

Everything looks fabulous! How lucky you are to have each other!!!Wish I was there!

Sunfairy said...

I LOVE your house Vicki!! It turned out SO cute! All the houses are so cool that now I'll have to try one for myself, lol.

I love the gifts that you girls made for each other...proves again that gifts from the heart are the very best :)

ctmhroe said...

How did you decorate your Halloween cake stand that you've displayed the houses on?

Just Squirrelly said...

Absolutely love these. And what a great fun activity to do with friends. I am so going to have to do this. Maybe for Christmas. Thanks for the idea.