Sunday, October 02, 2011

"Friendship" album

I have to say, creating  with the beautiful papers from the "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD makes me happy.  Aren't these papers gorgeous?  I love em!     I have a ... shall we say... an "abundance" of simple little blank mini albums, so I'm on a mission to create some for gifts.( This album happens to be from Karen Foster).  I have alot of friends that love crafty things,but don't really craft, scrapbook, stamp ..ect.. so I know they would really love something like this, that they can just add photos to... set out and enjoy.   This weeks Crafty Secrets challenge over at Splitcoast was "Friendship".   Perfect time for me to get started on my project :) 


So , like I said.. I started with some of my favorite papers from the CD, then created a border for the edges of the pages using on of the stamps from the set below.



Then I used some of the shapes from this new set, to create journal spots for the album.


\

Here's a look at just a few of the pages.




I mentioned the Crafty Secrets challenges at Splitcoast earlier.  They really are inspiring, and everyone is welcome to play along ;)

________________________________________________________

Speaking of mini albums, I wanted to share a link to my friend Jane's blog, so you could take a look at some pages she did for album she is creating of her mom and sister.  You can see it  HERE.
She used some of the die cut shapes I have for sale in my etsy.  Thanks Jane!


***************************

Okay.. off to chat with my mom. She is now staying with us. At least through the winter.  We are so happy to have her doing so much better.. and to have her here with us. ( oh.. and you can only image how much attention the pooches are getting) lol  They are happy campers!


7 comments:

Jan said...

love this album, Vic! This will make such a beautiful gift for a friend!

Julie Higgins said...

Tell your mom hi for me!
Love your album project!
It's your birthday week.....Friday's the day! Just mentioned it so everyone knew since you probably won't tell anyone until after Friday:)

LauraB said...

great mini album-thanks for the reminder about friends that don't craft but still love to display their photos! perfect reason to get scrappy after church today. glad to hear your mama is staying with you for the winter. what a blessing!

Debby said...

Beautiful album. I love the colors. The stamps are great.
So nice that your mom is doing better and that she will be staying with you.

Renee VanEpps said...

Oh how beautiful!!! Really love what you did stamping the borders.. Just a perfect album! Enjoy the extra time with you momma!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Great gift idea! Glad to hear your Mom has a nice cozy place to be this winter and that she continues to get better : )

Sarah said...

your album is gorgeous! I love the colors. I was wondering what kind of paper you use to print your designs? Thanks, Sarah