Monday, October 03, 2011

Hello Fall... Welcome!

Ohhhhh... the colors of fall are so gorgeous aren't they?  Today mom and I headed in to town for her therapy and ..the trees were so beautiful.  We have had the BEST weather here, these past few weeks. I was so happy it was ...just perfect weather when the entire family was back for moms birthday.  Those that normally don't get to see the changing of the seasons, got to experience it a bit.     This month the Tattered Angels Design Team is using color combos (clam packs) "Paint Systems" to create their projects.  I choose to use the "House of Three Favorite"... which include  Patina, Sugar Maple, Apple and Star Fish.
But you can see all of them HERE
I love taking my old wreaths out each year.. and revamping them... so that's what I choose to do here, using these beautiful colors.  I took my old grapevine wreath with it's dusty green leaves on it ... and got to work.   I started by pulling off most of the artificial green leaves, leaving just a few. ( oh.. and then I wiped the dust off those remaining:).     PS..Thankyou for the that amazing ribbon Jane!!

I then used my color combo pack and sprayed pages of book print, and random other scraps of paper. Most of the papers where Pink Paislee Mistable papers with a pattern for resisting the Glimmer Mist. ( showing of the designs).   I then cut leaves! Lots of leaves! ... lol.. It really didn't take long.  I used the first one I cut, as a general pattern for the rest.  I would cut multiples at one time.  I could have easily cut them with a die..but I just did this part while watching tv :).   After I had them cut.. I inked the edges a bit..and then started hot gluing.  It really came together quite quickly.. and now I have a new wreath I love.. instead of the ragged dusty thing hanging in the garage. YAY!



I thought this would be a great time to share some "fallish" photos.

Winter , Summer, Spring or Fall.. this is always my favorite tree :)
below... These mums are some that I had a couple of years ago..that were so pretty. I wish I could find some exactly like them again. They'd be MINE!  Love em!

And beautiful evening skies to end the day with.


   Autumn Storehouse


I'd like to take October days
And store them in my mind,
To warm me during Winter's reign
When nature proves unkind.

Then I remember sunshine,
The Autumn rich with gold,
And tawny fields a-flower
With wonders quite untold.

My thoughts will ease the moments
When in reverie I dwell,
And linger for the present
In some bright majestic dell.

~Virginia Borman Grimmer~

 
                                                        Enjoy the day!
 

11 comments:

Julie Higgins said...

That wreath is GORGEOUS!!! You should really open a shop and sell your wonderful things!! :) I'd be buying lots!

pamboe said...

What a beautiful post to start my day. I miss fall and you brought it back to me! Thanks

Debby said...

Love your wreath. It is a beautiful time of the year.

Thanh Vo said...

Your wreath is gorgeous, Vicki! Way to spruce up the old.

harrahx2 said...

So glad you are enjoying the ribbon! Beautiful wreath and yet again you have given me thoughts for doing something new to something old! I love it Vic. You are one clever girl.

Susan said...

Your wreath is beautiful! Wish fall would arrive in TX!

stampqueen said...

Love that wreath!!!! I think I may have enough leaves from my leaf cutting spree with scraps to make one :)
Such a great sunset picture too!!!!

Jan said...

Beautiful photos and a gorgeous Autumn wreath!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

You are so creative - you certainly have the gift of taking something old and making it into something new! Thanks for the DIY info. Hope you are having another beautiful fall day to enjoy : )

Gail S. said...

Beautiful wreath!! I love the fall colors. Your fall pictures are beautiful also. I love Nebraska in the fall! We have been having HORRIBLE strong winds here and lots of fires started by combines harvesting in the fields. Hoping we get some rain this weekend. **Have a Happy Birthday** hehe

valgal said...

Your wreath is unique and beautiful. What a creative idea! I wish I had that kind of creativity.