Thursday, October 06, 2011

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Graphic 45 blog hop fun

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L and Graphic 45 are teaming up this month, so be sure to pop over and check out the creations the two Design Teams have been working on.  Amazingly talented girls!
I created a layout using the "Magic of Oz" collection along with my favorite SA adhesives.  ( you can click on it to see it larger).

Good time to scrap some of these photos of these three funny guys :)


It's making me feel like watching the movie.  I love it.  I make a point to watch it atleast once  a year.

Okay.. thought I'd share a couple of things I found that make me ... Oh.. so happy!    Silly I know.. but it doesnt take much. lol     I have some red and some white polk-a-dot glasses that I found a Target a couple of years ago.  I really like them...but I also really love an eclectic mix of glasses, and you know I love silly "old" stuff.. so...
I ran across these two drink mix measuring glasses for $1 each .. and was giddy!

Arent they fun?

This is a measuring glass I found about a year ago to add to my everyday red and whites.

 
I think they look so fun together.  ( sorry , all the white polka-a-dots were in the dishwasher :(
I told you... really little things can do alot of me. lol   (happy face)


Ok, if my quirkiness about odd glasses doesnt have you laughing "at me", I hope the next photo gets you laughing "with me".
We have had a heck of a time finding the best walker for mom.  One that will fit through her doorways, has brakes easy enough for her to work, the right height, right seat.. on and on.   Before we could take one back.. the next one was here.  We had them all in the livingroom at moms last week, trying to decided which was best.   I HAD to grab my camera... because this is priceless.   My mom is sitting down on the seat of one laughing.. my sister Sharon is standing by the middle one, and my brother in law Howard is standing my the other one.  My brother Ray is sitting in chair on the left with the original one in front of him.  My sister Jan is coming around the corner laughing ..saying " I just saw another walker out in the garage!"
(that one belonged to someone else.. thank goodness)     Anyway.. the entire thing was just comical.  Especially because mom is now using the simple metal one to the left that she started with in the first place.  lol
We did decided one other one to keep for "out and about " days.

We have been enjoying AMAZING weather here in Nebraska. The trees are turning more everyday!  


                                                                         So Beautiful!
______________________________________________________________________________


  
 Just one more thing.  I hav a favor to ask of you all.   My sister Jan's friend and neighbor Joanie could use all the prayers she can get right now.   She was on an evening walk with her husband Tuesday and was struck by a car.  She suffered serious injuries.  You can only imagine what a difficult time this is for her, her family, and those who love her so much.    I'm asking if you would please keep them in your prayers.   
                                                             I knew I could count on you.
                                                               Thank you sweet friends


Vic

5 comments:

Debby said...

I just said a prayer for your sister's friend. How sad something like that happened.
Love the LO.....fall pictures are so much fun to scrap.
Love all the walkers.
All she needs are tennis balls on the bottom legs.

Jan said...

love this fun LO and it's great to see such a big smile on your mom's face :)

Shirley said...

Love your LO, LOVE the movie, too!! Your caption on the walker pic is too funny!! Love the vintage glasses, still looking for the pyrex mixing bowl set where they are the 4 primary colors, just like my mom had! Your mom and whole family look so happy in that photo, must make your heart sing! Praying for your sis' friend, I always pray on my walks that He will keep me safe--please keep us updated on how she's doing?!

Renee VanEpps said...

This LO is gorgeous!! LOVE the stuffing behind the scarecrow, really a nice touch! The walker pic and story is hilarious, and I'm praying for your sister's good friend!!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Sorry to hear about Joanie - will be praying for her! Another great post - just like the Sunday paper a little bit of this and a little bit of that : )