Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Swag

edited... I wanted to be sure to add this so you didn't miss out if you are interested.  super deal!

  

Today only as an online EXCLUSIVE you can get our GrandeMARK for only $300. It's our lowest price EVER! (One per order online only.) We're also offering 40% off our most popular categories: Bags & Boxes, Albums, Note cards and Envelopes (online only). Happy shopping!

***************************


Hope you are all off to a great start to your week.  We woke up to another sunny day here.  The weather has been so fantastic we are just thankful for every mild day like this. Totally unseasonably warm for Nov in NE for sure.  Thanksgiving Day was so warm I had to keep reminding myself it was Thanksgiving.     Oh.. dont worry, I'm sure before long you'll be hearing a different story from me:)  The snow and cold will only stay away so long. lol
I did work this weekend on getting some of the Christmas decorations out.  I always love having a few new things to put up, so I was excited to get my “Classic Vintage Christmas  Kit”  
from Vintage Street Market in the mail the other day.   I made this new swag with the bingo cards  and other goodies in the kit.  Authentic Vintage stuff!  



You can see the kits  HERE



I love everything in this kit. I'll be sharing more projects I made with this kit soon.   Watch the Vintage Street Market blog for ideas from the rest of the DT using this kit too.



I thought I'd show you my transom window project I was telling you about.   I found this at the flea Market in Nebraska City with my sis this Summer. I had a plan in mind, but ended up putting it in a different place in the house.  I wasn't sure what it was called but Dan said.. "That a transom window".  I guess they used to be a window that was usually above the large door coming into a business.  they will have a pole next to the door that would be used to open and shut the transom window to let air in.  The window would have a latch so it could be propped open.


Noun 1. transom window - a window above a door that is usually hinged to a horizontal crosspiece over the door
- a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air

Well anyway, here is what I had in mind. I waned to add vintage family photos to the panes of glass. I decided to hang it in the back hallway of the kitchen, coming in to the back door.


I was originally going to paint the wood frame, but in the end I decided to leave it. I started sanding it and then decided I really liked it. 

I used Tim Holtz printed tissue tape to adhere the photos.


(below) my mom and dad :)

Okay, off to conquer the day! lol

Thanks for coming by.

                                                                                              Vic             


11 comments:

Debby said...

I really love what you did with that window.
I am going to check out the kits. Love the swag you made.

ddlady said...

Loved your banner, Vickie. And, I like what you did with your transom window and where you put it. It will be nice to see the old family photos all the time

Jan Hennings said...

Love the swag and what you did with the old window!

Rita Barakat said...

Adorable banner! And I love that idea with the window!!!I am always on the lookout for stuff like that!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Wonderful banner - and I love the idea of using the Tim Holtz tape to hang the photos in the window! You always have so many great ideas for the little extras : ) Glad you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving - looks like a lot of fun!

Susie said...

Wow Vickie, I love your transom window picture frame! Why didn't I think of that???
I get soooo many ideas from your projects. Thanks for sharing!

E said...

I looove the banner ! I've never seen printed doilies, had to give it a go turned out pretty good. Thanks for sharing yours banner with us. E in TN

Susan said...

I love, love, love the window! And the swag is darling. Great idea to use the tape to adhere the photos. Looks like a fun kit.

Renee said...

I love that word - swag!! Don't know why, just is fun to hear LOL!! Beautiful job on it, and the transom window idea is fantastic!!! So creative of you and I love your old family photos!

Gail S. said...

BOTH are such great projects!! You are soooo very talented :)

Carol (HB) said...

Vic, this is SO COOL! I just love it! When I saw the first pic you posted I thought it was a ladder and my inner voice said "now what cool thing is she going to do with that? Hang holiday stuff on the rungs?" LOL!
Sending you holiday hugs!