Sunday, November 20, 2011

Creating with Vintage Illustrations Release week!

It's a super exciting week for Crafty Secrets. Not only is the new "Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD" going to be available for purchase this week but there is other big news being announced on the "Heartwarming Vintage Blog".  Be sure to pop over and check it out.


These new CD's from Crafty Secrets have been so inspiring to me.  So many new things, the possibilities are endless.  As I opened these files in photoshop and started to play a bit with simple things I knew how to do,  like changing the size, and color of some things, my head was just spinning with ideas.  I have been wanting to learn more about working with digital images for some time now, but seeing the gorgeous things on these CD's where defiantly the inspiration that made me REALLY want to.
( you know me.. my digital skills were pretty much "zero").   So... if I can learn.. anyone can. lol
Someday I hope to be able to take a class from Patty Debowski.. the Digital Scrapbook teacher...but if you're like me and just haven't gotten the chance to do that, you can get her book. Photoshop Elements Basics & Beyond Book by Patty Debowski  
Anyway.....   remember, I'm "learning". lol   Here is my first digital layout with some of the "beautiful"papers and elements from the New "Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD" from Crafty Secrets.
   


The great thing about these CD's is .. whether youre a traditional, digital, hybrid, .. a card maker, scrapbooker, sewer, or into home dec.. it's perfect for them all.    The Crafty Secrets Design Team is going to be sharing projects all this week on there blogs, and on the Crafty Secrets Facebook wall, showing tons of different ways they've used the new CD.    I will be sharing, all this week,  here on my blog of course, and there will be posts on the Heartwarming Vintage blog, as well.  You can get links to all the DT girls blogs on the side bar of the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.

The canisters below have images from the CD decoupaged on them.  They were wood canisters I picked up at my favorite little junk/treasure store for $4.   It was as easy as printing the images from the CD onto white cardstock and using Mod podge to add them to the canisters.


It's been so long since I've thought about using iron on transfers...but I will be doing it allot more after seeing how cute this canvas bag turned out :)  


I just printed this gorgeous image from the CD onto Iron on transfer paper I picked up at Walmart.  It took about 5 minutes.    ( I'm thinking.. what great Christmas gifts right??)


Oh..I have lots more to share this week, and so do the other DT girls.  It's going to be fun to see what everyone has created.   If you're on Facebook, be sure to "friend" Crafty Secrets, so you wont miss the pretties posted there this week.

I truly love this CD and am so excited for this week of sharing!


Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! 

                                                                                               Vic
 

6 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Vicki! Such cute samples today!! I have been checking the CS blog for days now, anxiously awaiting the release of the new CD....can't wait to get my hands on it! Have a great and blesed Thanksgiving!!

Rita Barakat said...

these are so fun!!! I can;t wait to get my CD - I am so inspired!!! Hope your mom is doing well! ((hugs))

Jan Hennings said...

WOW! You've been a busy girl and you make the digital layouts looks so good! Love the little rooster canisters, too! AND this CD is amazing!

Regina aka Mrs. Ham said...

Wonderful projects. I really love your scrapbook layout. That paper is just beautiful.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, you always have great ideas and execution! And besides, I got the most beautiful card in the mail with a wonderful little piece inside....that I will make into a pin and wear on my coat! You are one special young lady.

Kim Sonksen said...

Oh WOW how amazing are those tins??They are so fabulous and the bag is wicked too