Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Day... with a little dimension

Hello!! I'm back with another project to share, created from the "Designing with Vintage Illustrations" CD from Crafty Secrets. The Design Team will be sharing projects all this week, to celebrate the release of this new CD.  The CD is available for pre order HERE.   Be sure to see this special.Sandy (owner of Crafty Secrets has announced on the Heartwarming Vintage blog. I've copied an pasted it in red below so you don't miss it :)

  I’m super excited about this CD and with over 200 files it’s a super deal for $15.99 but if you can’t wait until this Friday and want to pre-order it NOW, we will include a free Image & Journal Notes Booklet (just state what title in the message box in our Shopatron Store or we will send a Christmas Booklet). We should have the first 100 in stock this Friday, 1000 more to follow. 



 Okay... back to sharing.. lol.   How fun is this  image?  The "jointed" image and the background are both on the CD, as well as the pretty pink paper it's mounted on.  I really wanted to create lots of dimension, so I printed off the image twice to be able to add foam tape between the layers. A little more cutting ,but the effect is SO worth it.   I added  the jointed pieces to the body using a small hole punch and brads.


Of course you can choose to use what pieces from the page you want to use and how you want to use them.  I wanted mine to be a general "Happy Day" theme..but it would be so fun for a Birthday ect..  I just printed off the word "Day" to add (up by the bird).


Can you see that gorgeous pink "bird" paper in the background?

I just used an old frame without glass to put this in. I painted it and then gave it a coat of "Glimmer Glam".


Like I said I added all my pieces with Crafty Foam Tape for dimension..but I left the legs to swing free!!!  ( just in case she might want to DANCE).... when I have the music playing loud in here. lol


Okay.. more sharing tomorrow.  Please stop back :)

                                                                                            Vic


3 comments:

kathy/North Carolina said...

Vic...I love this! I pre-ordered my CD yesterday, and I can't wait for it to arrive! I have just started playing with altered frames, and they are so fun. I really like the layering...and the fact that her legs are free to dance!

harrahx2 said...

That looks like a lot of work Vicki! Beautiful and well worth it but definitely a lot in it. Love it!

christie said...

The dancing legs are a stroke of genius! I MUST share that!!!