Sunday, December 04, 2011

Christmas fairies and Christmas Etsy goodies

Well, the tree and the decorations are up and the baking has started. ( don't has about the shopping part, okay? not doing so well there). yikes.      I've been working on some Christmas projects and also on some Christmas things to add to my etsy.  I'll show you some of those things, down further in this post, but for now I wanted to share a couple of cards and a ornament I made using papers from the first CD from Crafty Secrets "Creating with Vintage Patterns".  The stamps are also from CS.  They are "Winter Wishes" , and " Born to Fly" .   I love how easy it is to work the stamp sets together.

I also love being able to stamp on the patterned papers ... and do a little cut and paste to add color to the stamped images.


Classic Christmas Red and Green.. and the patterns of the paper are just so fun!

If you haven't been over to the Heartwarming Vintage blog over the weekend, be sure to check it out.  Not only is there lots of crafty inspiration..but there are   FREE Christmas printables  and a Giveaway you wont want to miss out on.

*****************************************************

I started some of my Christmas baking this weekend.  Only two different kinds, and nothing elaborate or time consuming ...just "must have" favorites :)   I share Christmas cookie recipes here each year, but I'm starting to realize I tend to bake our favorites for the most part. I need to  try some new things I think.  My sis Jan is the queen of trying new Christmas cookies ( along with her classic "must haves"), so maybe I'll see if she'll share some here.    I'll share my "oldies but goodies". lol

"Cherry Chip Cookies"  (Jarad's favorite)

I usually make these with margarine, but this time I used butter... and OH MY!   yummy!
 Easy and quick, because they don't spread out much when baking ,so you can get alot on one pan.

Oven 375  for 12 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown      

2 1/4 cup flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (softened)
1/2 c sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 Cup cornflakes
1 package Cherry Chips

Sift together flour and salt. Cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg yolk and almond, to butter mixture. Add flour, salt and mix flakes and cherry chips..  Roll into 1 inch balls and press dough with fork. Sprinkle with sugar.

Enjoy!


_______________________________________________________________

I also want to show you just a few of the things I've added to my etsy over the weekend.   I've added quite a few things and will be adding more Christmas things over the next couple weeks.   You can see these and other  Cookie Cutter ornaments, an altered frame, and the bingo card garland I showed you last week, all HERE in my ETSY.







there are some small and some large, so be sure to check the measurements if your interested.



Thanks for taking a look :)


Have a great start to your week!

         Vic

8 comments:

Donna said...

What a delightful post today, Vicki! The cookie cutter ornaments are just adorable!! And your cookies look scrumptious!!! My favorite thing is the red and green "Merry Christmas" medallion!! Simple and stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

oops! I meant the medallion that says "Happy Holidays!" And I also meant to say i hope you are feeling better and have a great, crafty week!

Susan said...

Love the cookie cutter ornaments!

malia said...

wow so much goodness in one post! love it all! you are so talented

linda said...

The cookie cutter ornaments are so cute! The cookies look yummy!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a yummy post!! Love it all - the ornaments are precious and the clean crisp design of your cards are wonderful!

Have A Great Day : )

harrahx2 said...

Hey Ms. Vic, adorable cards and love that pleated flower! Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Where do you find cherry chips? I've called several different stores in my area and even called a baking supply store. Nobody carries them.