Friday, December 09, 2011

More from Vintage Illustrations

I know we did a whole week of sharing projects done with the new Crafty Secrets "Vintage Illustrations" CD..but I have alot more to share :)
So here goes.....
I've been dabbling with learning more digitally.  Baby steps right?   Most of all I am  loving learning more about how to manipulate things from the CDs in photoshop.  I'm a cut an paste girl who likes texture and dimension.. and to get "messy" while creating, ... but I'm seeing more and more now there are so many options for making it all work together.  This layout is totally digital  but the one below ( with the little girl and her doll) is using things from the CD but putting it all together traditionally with scissors and adhesive.  Either way... I have ALL these gorgeous papers and elements to work with.. so its great!


Isn't this paper gorgeous?? Oh my.. one of my very favorites!   It prints off just like this.

I printed of some of the other patterned papers to add different elements to my page.  Being able to change the size , color ect.. of the things on the CD is what I'm talking about when I say... "Opens up a whole new world" for a traditional scrapbooker.  ( button looks real huh?  nope.. printed off and added to the page with foam squares :)

Cool borders and frames on this new CD also.



Here is one more, using one of the gorgeous background papers and pretties from the CD.


Have you seen these cups and glasses, that have the printed coloring page? We'll I just took out the other page, made my own with things from the CD and photos.. then used the coloring page for a temple to cut it out to fit in the class.  You can either just print off pretty paper, or do a mini layout with photos.   You can do them so quick. They will make fun Stocking stuffers huh?

I also wanted to share this apron my friend Gabby made with the image of the eggs that's on the CD.  She just added to strips of matching ribbon to the canvas apron ,( above and below) the image, after she ironed the transfer on .



If you haven't heard... here's what's going on .. A big sale!    Read below a statement from Sandy
( the owner of Crafty Secrets) I copied and pasted from the Crafty Secrets site, and you know the scoop:)

My Photo
We have started our CLEARANCE SALE and most items are on sale now while supplies last including all our Clear Art Stamps and Heartwarming Vintage Products – EXCEPT for our Creative Scraps and CD's. WHY the BIG SALE? Owner, Sandy Redburn, wants to keep designing without the stress of warehousing so many products in the USA and living in Canada. As the Clear Art Stamps sell out, they will be grouped into themes and sold on CD’s which will include inspiring samples, new images and printable papers. Ideally a stamp and paper company will license some of the popular sellers and licensing and digital CD design is the exciting road Crafty Secrets will travel!
 
Crafty Secrets Website
Okay my friends... start enjoying your weekend!  Run... play... be free..... lol
 
 
             Vic
 

6 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Love the LO's and the glasses and apron are too sweet!

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Love you digital layouts! I just received my Crafty Secrets Digital CD #2 and enjoying playing with it.

Wishing you a beautiful day.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that Dad page is absolutely perfect. All the elements just flow. You did a wonderful job on all the pages. I so wish I was more computer savvy and had a better grasp of Photoshop or other programs!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What great projects!! You have become quite the digi scrapper - the Dad layout is just simply wonderful!! I need to get this CD - now is it really a need like water and bread??? : )

Have A Great Week!

Jane Wetzel said...

hello Vicki! been missin ya...Love the CS paper and the post before this is incredibly cool too! Hope u r enjoying the season :) hugs, jane

malia said...

oh wow i love what you did with the digi and the cups and apron... fab!