Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, ringing in the new year.  Hard to believe it's 2012.   We didn't go out on New Years Eve, but we had company today, and had a fantastic time.

The holidays were great ,but I'm ready for things to get back to normal again.  I already have my Christmas stuff put away. I usually don't put things away that quickly, but I have lots of CHA projects calling my name in the next couple of weeks, so it feels go to have it all packed up and put away.

This project isn't one I 've been working on for CHA..but it is a Tattered Angels blog project. December was a fun month on the TA blog. The Team did projects that were inspired by other DT members.  You can see where my inspiration came from for this project.  here
It was so hard to get a good photo because of the glare on the glass. ... sorry:(
( the darling little girl.. is Kate's niece) Kate gave this project to her mom for Christmas.  I got the nicest thank you from her mommy.
I was inspired by the use of screens to create a background paper to match the other papers.



There is lots of great projects  on the TA blog this month .. if you get a chance , check them out :)



I have to show you this darling photo..that melts my heart.   Aly has not been wanting to eat.. so basically, we are feeding her whatever we can get her to eat, .. whenever we can get her too.  ( most of the time.. that's by hand).  Nathaniel is just the kindest kid you can imagine.  Here he is getting Aly to eat.  She is doing well, other than the eating. Really spry as always. Her cancer can not be operated on. We love her so much. For now.. basically whatever this sweet dog wants.. she gets.  ( today.. beef stew) .. fed by hand by Nathaniel, and shes loving every minute of it.


I had to take this photo today.  As we were looking at old photos, we ran across this photo of Nathaniel's Dad when he was close to Nathaniel's age.  ummm slight resemblance ( ya think?) lol

Since I blogged last, we also celebrated my moms "actual" 90th birthday.  We had a big open house for her over the summer, but the 29th was a actual day... so CELEBRATE we did!    We had reservations for dinner then had cake, with balloons, gifts, flowers ..the works.  Mom enjoyed it very much.


Here's to 2012!!   Thank you all for your visits and you kind words in 2011.  Lets do it all again in 2012:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!





6 comments:

Susan said...

Happy New Year to you and Happy Birthday to your sweet mom. She sure doesn't look 90!

Thanh Vo said...

Ali is in my thoughts! I'm so glad that your mom enjoyed a second, REAL birthday celebration and ALL the best in the New Year, Vicki! XO

Gail S. said...

The best to you and your family in 2012, Vicki!!!! Love visiting your blog and looking forward to seeing all of your creative ideas this year. I also love hearing about all of your family and life in Nebraska!! Your neighbor from the west :)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Loved seeing the family photos and yes Ally deserves whatever her heart desires! We did the same thing for Mookie : ) Take Care!

harrahx2 said...

What a heart breaker that young man is and such a sweet treat for Ali. Hugs Vic and special wishes for a good year ahead.

debbiek said...

Happy New Year, Ms. Vicki! Your Mom looks so cute and Nathaniel is a handsome fellow. Such a sweet boy to hand feed your ill pup! Hope 2012 is a good one for you AND yours and wishing you nothing but the best....
DebbieK