Friday, January 06, 2012

Hello.. I'm here


I'm trying to figure out if it's my computer my server, or blogger that is giving me so much trouble.  I've been really having a hard time getting photos to upload. But... I'm here.. finally, after a number of tries.  Here's hoping ( fingers crossed).     It's also been a really busy week. My mom is now on oxygen at night , which is helping her sleep so much better, and wake feeling alot more rested.. so yay for that!  Now if we could just get her knee pain under control so she can get around as well as she was.       CHA is just around the corner... so I've been busy working on projects ( although I'm not planning to actually "go" this time).    I've been working on some projects for AccuCut, using some fun dies.    The card below is one of them.   This design opens up so many options for designs.  I decided to make it into a kind of card/gift holder combo.  I LOVE the images on the  Mini Vintage Creative Scraps 
and they work so well with Artist Edition Metal Charms By Fancy Pants, so I thought if would be fun to work them into the card design.. as a little gift.

Accucut card die number is at the bottom of the card photo. (click to enlarge)


I chose this cute little nest image, but there are tons awesome images on the sheets.





This is just the charm set I used. There are lots of other FP metal Frames:)



Artist Edition Metal Charms By Fancy Pants


 I can see using this card vertically or horizontally, using one of the  squares to showcase something like I did here, or having images showing through all three of the little windows.


I just attached the chain to the back of the card by adhering the two ends of a piece of ribbon to the back of the card.

I'll be sharing more of my AccuCut projects between now and CHA... and   SHHHHH.... I have a secret.   I am so excited to tell you... I have a new Die design of my own being released at CHA winter :)
  I'm so excited to show you. I cant share it yet..but soon.   I hope you'll like it.


******************************************************

Oh.. I cant forget to wish my bestie... Sandy ......
 Happy Happy Birthday!
(made this for her with the "Creating with Vintage Patterns CD")






                                                         Have a great day my friends!
Vic

13 comments:

Gail S. said...

Cute cate/gift!! Can't wait to hear what your secret is!! Hope your mom gets to feeling better.

malia said...

freakin out over the cuteness! fab as always! xoxo

Ali said...

What beautiful projects! I love, love, love the card/chain/gift idea, it's gorgeous! I adored the colour as well. Prayers for your Mom's good rest at night- that knee pain is a darned trial. My Mom went thru it as well. She had a replacement and is ever so much better...one idea is a warm pack.... could it help your Mom's pain at night? I find a warm "oat bag" (like a "Magic Bag") so comforting... ((HUGZ)) to her and you too. xox-Ali

Jan Hennings said...

How sweet and what a great idea :)

Renee said...

Awww, glad your Momma is sleeping better!!! My mom has chronic bad knees too, so I know how that goes unfortunately :( Your project is gorgeous and inspirational!

harrahx2 said...

Can't wait to see your new die. Cute darn card! Good to hear mom is doing better and hope progress continues. Hugs. xoxo

MJ said...

Happy 2012! Glad to read that your Mom is feeling better! The card you made is gorgeous!

Blessings from Cindy said...

I love the card with the necklace! It is really special & pretty!! I just posted about winning your giveaway. I'm sorry it took me so long! Thanks so much again for having the giveaway! I love the CD & the planner! Here's the post address:
http://cindysblessings541.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-win-from-vicki-at-this-art.html
Blessings,
Cindy

stampqueen said...

Cute necklace and gift card!!!!
I mentioned you on my blog today :)
I dug out some more of the shadow box die cut that I have been hoarding and did one up (have one for tomorrow too :)
Hope your seet Mamma feels better!!!

stampqueen said...

Whoops - I meant my posts for friday and saturday....not today and tomorrow....me brain not 100% this evening :)

Charmingdesigns said...

Hi Vicki ! Remember me???? My old computer crashed and I lost all my contacts. I found you by accident and so glad I did!! We moved from Oregon to So. Calif a year and half ago and so glad we did. I'm still painting. You sent me some accordion folded paper for flowers...a long time ago, I still have them! I'm glad to hear that your mom is still hanging in there! Take care, Laurie
www.lauriescharmingdesigns.blogspot.com

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm sorry to hear the knee pain is bothering your Mom but I'm glad to she is able to rest at night now : ) Will continue to pray. You are so clever - love what you did with your card! And I can't wait to see your new die -take care of your self!

P.S. We have a new little four legged friend at our house : )

kathy/North Carolina said...

What a great idea....like you, I love those bird images!