Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I love canvas :)

Yep, It's true... I do .. I love canvas:)    Canvas's are  so fun , so many different sizes, and you can do about anything on them.   Glimmer Mist is a dream on them of course.  Paint, stitching, adding photos ..ect... all so fun. BUT.... suddenly I have a new love .... printing on canvas.     I used Crafty Secrets "Designing with Vintage Illustrations CD" to create a  my background....then I printed it off on printable canvas sheet.   So easy!    Well, I printed my "layout" on  a canvas sheet, and then added it and other papers and embellishments to a "mounted" canvas, that I had painted black.


 If you click on the photo below to enlarge it, you can see better ,just  how cool the print looks on the canvas paper.



The Canvas is pretty good size. About 9 1/2 x 11 1/2 x 1





The background, bird, nest paper, and frame are all elements from the CD
So here's what it looked like when I  had it all ready to print out .and add to the mounted canvas.



Once I printed this off I light really came on ..and got me thinking about all the possibilities.  Time to order more canvas sheets. lol

______________________________________________________

My sis is coming today to spend some time with mom and I'm spending the day in my studio working on CHA projects.  I think I need to make a quick run to see if they have any more of these at the little mini mart in town so  my sis can try them out.  Mom and I had some the other day and I'm telling you.. YUMMY!
Oh..again.. one of the perks of small town life.  Homemade Kolaches at the corner store :)
These were "peach" and they were practically still warm.   ( ok.. that might be stretching a tiny bit..but they were really soft and fresh)  Come on over, the coffee's on :)



Let the creative vibes start flowing. I need em .   Lots to get done today.  Here's to a productive day!

Thanks for stopping by  my friends.

                                                                                           Vic

10 comments:

busymartha said...

I am suddenly very hungry after reading your post, hmmmm! Your canvas is lovely, I think it would be precious as the cover of a book!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki! gosh..havent been here and MISS your blog! I better get with it! Happy New Year and LOVE love love the canvas...wow..very cool! Oh, and I stole the "rice" warmer idea..gonna make these for my dd..she gets bad headaches also . hugs, Jane :)

kathy/North Carolina said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous canvas! What program do you use to build your collage? And what canvas sheets do you use? I know, I know....too many questions.....

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love your card and I love Kolaches! they take forever to make, but the results are soooo worth it. Peach and raspberry are favorites around here!

Jan Hennings said...

Vicki..your canvas is beautiful..I need these sweets :)

stampqueen said...

are you serious - showing pics of Kolaches when I am so far away - pure torture!!!! :) The little place in Prague makes the best in the area except for Nadine who lives near my Mom (hers are definatly the best - we get several dozen from her every time we come home and try to take them back with us ).
The canvus is awesome BTW - love how it printed out, the texture of the canvus makes it look painted!!

linda said...

I love this canvas! The colors are beautiful. Giving me ideas...

harrahx2 said...

You go kick butt girl! I love that canvas. Some time in the future, I am going to learn print programs! Beautiful. Pour my coffe as I will be right there!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

What a classy looking canvas - love how you framed your printed canvas with the painted frame canvas! And we won't even go in the direction of how yummy those kolaches look : ) take care!

Gail S. said...

Oh Vicki - you picture is beautiful and the kolaches....YUMMY!!! I took a class on how to make them and it does take quite a while from start to finish but ooohhh so worth it!