Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine pretties from Crafty Secrets

Today I'm sharing some fun things made with the New Vintage Valentine Kit from Crafty Secrets.     I cant believe all the great stuff you get in this download kit.
 
 
This post has been updated with a new current link to a Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Digital Valentine Kit available here  


 You can see it all HERE in this post on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.  But here's a few little peeks.




Okay... so here's some things I've done with the kit over the last few days:)

I'll post more photos of the banner pieces towards the bottom of this post.  I used the AccuCut die  P1317CSJB  Pennant Flag  and papers and images from the NEW $5.00 Vintage Valentine Downloadable Kit 

So many adorable tags too.




I used the papers and images to create these easy candy bar wrappers.

Being able to print things off the size you want them.. makes projects like this re-vamped container super easy.

I have lots more projects to share over the next few days, so instead of drowning you in them all at once I'll just show you some closer photos of the banner pieces for now.  It was fun to dig threw my buttons, rick rack and ribbon pieces to embellish it. ( Oh.. had some fun stitching also:)












I see now just how therapeutic "creating" can be these last couple of days.  I wondered from time to time if/when I would feel like coming back in my room to "create"... but it has been so good for me.  There is a big difference between allowing yourself to grieve, and just making yourself physically sick from "thinking" about things too much.  The last two weeks have given us alot to deal with. It's been tough.  About the time you think it's getting better, the sadness comes again.  I can see there are just going to be days like that.  But... I'm thankful that when I dont feel like talking , and I dont want to cry anymore... coming to this room and spending time creating, keeps my mind busy.  It's a good distraction.
So today... I'm thankful for that.



Thankyou to all of you!  Your kind words, emails, cards, ect have just touched me more than you know.


                                                                                   Vic

13 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know each day will get easier.
Your projects are wonderful and I love the sewing also...such a nice touch

busymartha said...

Your projects are so adorable, thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas, Marilyn

Marlene (cards4u) said...

I'm so glad you have a place to go : ) It is a good thing!! Love your projects and the stitching on your banner! You continue to be in my prayers.
Take Care!

annemarks said...

Beautifully done, gorgeous work : )

Jan Hennings said...

Vicki...sending a prayer for you healing.
Your Crafty Secrets projects are ADORABLE!!!

debbiek said...

Adorable banner, Vicki! I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet pup. Big, big hugs to you. I hope in time your heart will heal from your recent losses.

Gail S. said...

Such cute projects!!! I love the valentine greetings - I actually have some old ones that are similar to these! Thinking of you...

Shelly Masat said...

I am sorry for your dear 2 losses recently. Although your heart is breaking here, they are so blessed where they are! May that bring you some comfort and God bring you healing, understanding and peace. Keep up the therapeutic creating!

Renee said...

That is a lot of stuff for $5!! I really love the candy bars, and the sewn banner! Gorgeous work. My thoughts and prayers are with you, grieving is so difficult, but it does get easier with time. Take care of yourself, glad to see you're still crafting :)

rose said...

oh these are just adorable,and wow $5 that is alot of stuff . Glad to see you have ventured into the room
to craft a little

harrahx2 said...

Your giving nature makes you a very special person Vicki. Your creativity is amazing, your willingness to share your knowledge and all the other wonderful things about you make you who you are. Hugs.

Sunfairy said...

Beautiful projects Vicki, as always! That banner is too adorable and I Love those candy wrappers...what a great idea!!
Much love and {{{hugs}}}
Ann Marie

Michelle H. said...

Very pretty banner and love your other amazing projects!!
In my thoughts & prayers!!