Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Altered Photo Holder

Here it is mid week and I'm just now getting around to doing a blog post.  I've been working on things here at home, which is a good thing, but sometimes these days, the house seems very quiet.. too quiet.  It's been over a month since we lost mom ..and Aly pup. I keep thinking it will get easier.  I don't talk about it much here because I want my blog to be a happy place, but I also want to be "real".  And the reality of things is.. we have a huge hole in our hearts and some days are just really hard.  The last couple of days, tears seem to come easy.  Dan and I are both struggling to find a new normal around here. I guess , as they say...it's just going to take time. 
 For now. I'll keep writing and sharing projects, because that's what I need to do ... focus on what I enjoy doing.. and keep doing it. 
 The altered photo holder below was a project I did last week with a old photo of Dan's grandparents ..that I just love.
  

Oh my goodness... I adore her hair and glasses:)


The base paper I used is from the Creating with Vintage Illustrations CD from Crafty Secrets, and the images are from the Love Mail Creative Scraps

CS17-DS Love Mail  Creative Scraps Double Sided picture

Crafty Secrets is also now selling these Mini Maya Road frames from their website. They work so great with their images.   I hadn't used these before, and I not only really liked the variety of shapes, but also how well they took ink, Glimmer Mist and paint.




I have some other projects that I'll be sharing this week, that were done using these frames in different ways also, but you can see more about them in this blog post on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog.



I'm trying to do better with showing and linking to the things I use on projects, but if you ever have questions just shoot me an email. Sometimes I get questions in the comments, and it's sometimes hard to be able to reply to those.. so feel free to email :)  My email is on the right side bar.
I used the Artsy Banners Stamp Set for the border along the top of the project.  You can see the entire set here.  One of my very favorites!

Artsy Banner Clear Art Stamps picture

Lots of fun stuff , and lots of layering.  The dimension is brought to you, courtesy of foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives.


Okay.... guess what??? I finally got some new things added to my etsy.
Here are just a few, and I'll be planning on adding more tomorrow after I take photos. I'll be adding some of AccuCut my Shadowbox dies (pre cut)
I did add....Lots of vintage goodies..

die cut cardstock cards
Scalloped edge cards

shapes

Pretty Patterns 5x5 die cut shapes


Decorative die cut Shapes "Happiness" (8)

banners
Whimsy Pennant Banner Pieces

and other stuff :)
Wings and Crowns bookprint shapes   (10 of each)


I have some gorgeous vintage hankies added...

 , 






                                                     and some awesome vintage aprons



          You can see everything I added here in my ETSY on the right sidebar of my blog.  I decided it's time to share some of the Flea Market finds I come across. (Either that.. or I'll have to get a bigger room :)



                                   Vic

9 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Oh my goodness this is wonderful sweetie-I love her hair and glasses also.
Please give yourself time-you have been through so much...you need the time.
Take care of yourself and thank you for sharing all those beautiful items.

Bettyann said...

Take care of yourself...lot's has happened...love her glasses and hair..seems so refreshing...

Catherine said...

I love your frame, it's really beautiful! Sending you my love dearest friend, and hugs -- lots of hugs! Keep keeping on and while the hole seems to take over -- it will get easier. HUGS and HUGS and MORE HUGS to you! and love!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Your work is so inspiring...I've shared your blog with several friends, and we all just wish you lived next door so we could hang out with you.

Vic...I lost my mom 6 years ago, and there are still days when I miss her so much it feels like a toothache. She lived with us for 11 years...it does get easier with time, but you have to get through it. I found I was exhausted a lot of the time, and for no good reason. You are wise to give yourself plenty of time to do the things you love. Sending you a hug....

malia said...

How fun... I love the way your mind works and your taste in vintage! Thinking of you sweet friend....

Julie Higgins said...

LOVE my Heartfelt thanks beautiful card Vic! Using the basket more this weekend at skilled care in Dubuque!

Cheryl S. said...

What a gorgeous altered photo holder!! My mother passed away just a little over a month ago also. I understand how you are feeling and it is very difficult.
Take care of yourself and keep crafting as it helps take your mind off other things.

A Vintage Chic said...

I really, really love this, Vicki--right up my alley, as you know! Such a beautiful picture of Dan's grandparents--what a treasure to have that!

Hang in there, dear friend...keeping you in my prayers...

Julie

Sunfairy said...

What a beautiful photo frame!! I Love the layers, patterns and the sewn touches...what a treasure that wonderful photo is!!

I'm praying for you sweet friend, that your aching heart can find some ease and peace. How I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Sending you my warmest thoughts, prayers and hugs.