Sunday, February 26, 2012

A little Flea Market Fun

Wow.. this weekend seemed to just fly by.  My sis and I spent Saturday at the indoor flea market, and it was great fun:)  Today Dan and I celebrated our 31st Anniversary.  I have lots of photos to share, but first I'll share a quick makeover project I did with these hat boxes. They had a pretty brown and cream pattern on them, but they didn't really go in my craft room ( and that is defiantly were I need all the storage I can get).. so I altered them with some colorful papers from my scrap bin.  When Jan and I are thrift shopping we always say.. "If you don't like it, paint it a color you love, or cover it with pretty paper" solves the problem every time. lol


The Flea Market we went to was in Lincoln at the Lancaster Event Center.  (inside of course. Remember it's winter in Nebraska).  We were there when the doors opened, and there were alot of people there already.

I have to share some of the things I saw and loved ..but didnt buy. Like this bike....

and this table.  *LOVE*

Scrapbooking ... in the begining.  You've come a long way baby!

Okay.. what did I get???  This sweet yellow pyrex bowl that's going to look great in my kitchen. yippee!


a number of awesome old jars, and other goodies that make me smile.
I have never seen jars like this one before. ( thank you for the cool jar Canada :)


I had the red record box before, but I got the old blue lunch box Saturday.  We thought it was so cute that it has three different kids names from the same family written on over the years.  I think it's been used many a day.

I cant even tell you how much I love this.  ( yep.. mine now).


..and a little vintage button love also. ( now.. if I can just bring myself to use them)

I have a plan for these.

We had already made one trip to the car to drop things off so we wouldn't have to carry them, but here's Jan waiting with our other goodies while I get the car.   To bad her awesome framed mirror wasn't facing this way so you could see it.. it's  so cool!  That big frame on the side, I picked up for $4. I plan to paint it white to use for a photo prop.  The little red table is mine, and the typewriter table is Jan's. ( cant wait to see what color she paints it).


As if the day wasnt already pretty darn good.  It got even better with some amazing Mexican food and the world BEST Margaritias!  Ahhhh...


Even the drive home was enjoyable.  Good tunes and a gorgeous sky to keep me company.
So I thought I'd show you where I put my little red table.  It fits right into my silly eclectic mix of stuff.

I worked on moving things around a little bit in my craft room today.  Getting something new for my room, was good. It motivated me to clean and organize!  AND when I clean and organize, I seem to find things I forgot I even had.. so that's good to.  It was a productive day all the way around.

I had to move my jars of supplies around to make room for the new additions.  I use a lot of different things for storage. But nothing beats clear jars. Being able to see what's in them, makes finding what I'm looking for, that much easier.


Thanks for letting me share my weekend with you.  I hope you had a great one also. 

Here's to a creative week ahead!

** PS**

You still have until Monday to get in on the giveaway over on the Heartwarming Vintage Blog, so pop over and get your name in for a chance to win the two newest stamp sets.    There are also some amazing photos from Sandys trip posted.        HERE


                                                                                         Vic

12 comments:

Peace said...

That was entirely too much fun, reliving your fab flea day with you! Great scores! I have a hard time using any vintage buttons. I finally told myself it's okay to just collect them greedily. :OD Thanks for sharing!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Wow...almost as good as being there! Which I wish I was....our flea market is not nearly as cool as yours. I love the goodies you got for yourself...and I had to laugh at the vintage buttons...I have them too, and I will put one on a card or project...and then take it off! LOL I can't bear to part with them. Love, love, love what you've done with your studio space. It is so YOU.

Jan Hennings said...

what great flea market finds! So glad you and your sis had a beautiful day together :)

harrahx2 said...

That yellow table, how could you pass it up??? I think you showed amazing restraint and really picked up some wonderful items Vic!

ddlady said...

Vicki, Happy 31st Wedding Anniversary to you and your hubbie!
It sounds like you and Jan had a wonderful time at the flea market and got some great finds! I wish I lived close enough to my oldest sister so we could do that once in awhile.

kkcfortney4 said...

so much fun, wish I could have shopped with you ladies...looking forward to garage sale season in Washington...enjoy your finds and thanks for sharing...

marcia said...

Ah I love a good flea market! It looks huge! I love seeing the follow through of your items placement. Thanks for sharing!

rose said...

oh looks like you had lots of fun and some wonderful finds,cannot wait to see what you are going to do with the jelly moulds!

Precious Treasures said...

I went to the flea market at about four on Saturday and did not find anything. It must have been picked over already. I was bummed by all the home party booths and new item booths. I have never been to that one before. There is a cool store I found calle Cool and Collected in Lincoln you would love!!!

stampqueen said...

Looks like a great flea market - love the jar and the buttons. I LOVE flea markets, thrift shops, garage/estate sales but have had to really limit myself - I always manage to find SOMETHING and all those somethings are making me look like an extreme hoarder LOL (not joking :)
Happy Anniversary too!!! My DH and I were 20 this month :)

Catherine said...

oh my how I wish I had been there -- for the company -- the GREAT junk -- but most importantly the MARGARITA!! Looks like you got some great stuff, am in love with the buttons!

malia said...

It looks like you and your sister did some "damage"... the good kind of course! And it's fun to see you fab craft room ( -: