Wednesday, February 08, 2012

A little "lamp revamp"

Taking a break from Valentines posts to share this lamp "revamp" using new Tattered Angels products for CHA.    This lamp started out a sloppy white paint job, with a bent.. half circle wire basket attached to the base, where I have the vintage dish.  The shade was also white.. and from a different lamp. Both pieces from  thrift stores. The flowers were in a box of things someone gave me...and they were originally a light peachy color. There where two hole in the base where I removed the wire basket..so I large brass colored brads in the hole. lol
 ( should have taken a "before" photo..darn)



I used the new "Plain Jane" paints.    If you haven't heard about Plain Jane...it's the beautiful colors/without the glitter that is in Glimmer Mist. 


I used a interesting pick of colors for this lamp.. including "Gravel" and "Soil".. lol...  But I loved the end result.  After spraying the lamp shade, I sprayed the handmade doily with "Gravel" .. let it dry and wrapped it around the (dry) lamp shade.  ( actually it was a crocheted piece for the back of a chair..that was in some things I got in a box of stuff at a flea market. I would have never been able to cut and use it for this ..but it was damaged on one edge.. so at least I feel it wasn't tossed :)

 

It hurts me to see hand work like this in bins at thrift stores. I think how many hours of work have been put into them.


Great new products with exciting potential from TA. And have you heard?  Tattered Angels now
has a new home with Canvas Corp.


As I looked at these photos It reminds me of the blur I was in preparing my CHA projects for mailing when mom first got sick.  Some of my projects where photographed quickly ( like this one was) and packed up... in the waiting room at the hospital, before Dan ran them to be shipped to CHA for me.  ( nice of the hospital to have a color scheme that worked with this) ha

Thanks for coming by!


                              Vic

8 comments:

Country Liv . . . said...

Beautiful and eco-friendly as always, Vic!

Margie said...

That's a lovely "make-over" Vicki. Gorgeous colours and great use of materials which might otherwise have been binned.

Julie Higgins said...

I got a kick out of you telling about the photo being taken at the hospital. It's amazing, isn't it, what we can do when we have to:) Like who would dream that I would ever work all week and drive to Dubuque going on 7 weekends in a row now:) "You do what you have to do"! Julie

linda said...

Beautiful! You always have such great ideas for repurposing!

harrahx2 said...

My dear Friend, you would have a ball in my house. Come visit!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

the lamp was even more stunning in real lve. you are amazing!!!!!

Sunfairy said...

What a pretty make-over! How terrific to salvage that beautiful crochet in such a pretty way...leave it to you :)
I hope you're doing okay honey. All the little things that trigger our memories...
{{{hugs}}}

stampqueen said...

Beautiful lamp - I don't know how many old doillys I have around from garage sales and thrift stores...