Sunday, February 05, 2012

Love is in the air

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  We had alot of snow so I really haven't been out of the house for a couple of days.  Our road didn't get plowed until last night.  Today the sun came out and it was a gorgeous sunny day.    I did some baking this weekend , .. and some paper crafting ... using the new "Vintage Valentine Download E-Kit from Crafty Secrets".        For some time I've had some of these paper mache hearts in different sizes that I have picked up at Hobby Lobby.  I decided they would be a fun thing to pretty up with papers from the kit.



I love the way they turned out.. and they are so inexpensive.  The big one was $2.99 and the others .99cents each.  


I love any project that will let me include some vintage trims:)


I printed off some of the papers on cardstock, and used my AccuCut ( Box-Candy BX404CJ die) to create some fun little goodies from a Valentines day get together I'm having this week with my Art group girls.


It's great that you can print things off whatever size you want. So I printed the little Valentines off at only about a inch and a half tall to tie them on.  I will write everyone names on the backs.


Well, as I said in the title of this post... "Love is in the Air" :)
Jarad and Kate are engaged!!  We will have a daughter in law joining our family. We are SO happy for them.  Kate has seemed like a part of our family for quite some time now anyway...but we are excited it will be official now:)   It's great to have some happy news to share.



Thanks for coming by friends

                                                                                      Vic

12 comments:

Marlene (cards4u) said...

CONGRATS to Jarad and Kate!!! So happy to hear your "Happy News" : ) Hope you have a great time with your art group!
Take Care

Dawn's Craft Place said...

Congrats to your son and new fiancee how nice to have some happy news for your family.
The projects today are adorable, the boxes are beautiful.

Erika Taylor said...

Loving the valentines boxes Vicki. You always inspire me

Hugs to you

Erika

becky said...

That's awesome news! Congrats!

Miss you!

Julie Higgins said...

Congratulations Kate and Jarad:)

The Valentine boxes are so beautiful!Julie Higgins

kathy/North Carolina said...

Oh, such happy news! Our d-i-l joined our family in 2005, and we love her so much!

Your projects are darling! I used your Valentine Banner idea to craft a "lollipop banner" for our 2yo granddaughter as her Valentine gift. Gave it to her last night, and she was tickled. Love this Valentine kit from Crafty Secrets! Thanks for the great ideas!

MYLIFEMYPUGSMYSCRAPBOOK said...

Awww Congrats to Kate and Jarad, how exciting :)

A Vintage Chic said...

That's so wonderful about their OFFICIAL engagement, Vicki--what a gorgeous ring!!! Happy for yours & their happiness, dear friend...much deserved...

I LOVE all your beautiful Valentines! You've been busy!

Hope your day is wonderful in every way...

Julie

harrahx2 said...

Congrats on the happy stuff and the ring is beautiful. Did you help pick it out? Your hearts are so much more beautiful than the ones in the stores! Hugs.

MJ said...

Hurrah Kate & Jarad!!! And here I thought you were just posting your newest V-day crafts!! "Love is in the air" should have been re-titled "Love is a ring on the hand ~ see bottom of this post" except Blogger wouldn't appreciate such a long title. I guess "Love is in the air" was more suitable after all.

debbiek said...

Adorable projects, Vicki. BIG congrats to Jarad & Kate. They are a perfect couple! Best wishes to all of you:)
- DebbieK

stampqueen said...

Congrats to Jarad and Kate.
Love the Valentine boxes!!!!
My Mom said they had about a foot of snow last weekend - good thing Dennis (step-Dad) has a good snow plow for the tractor.