Saturday, March 03, 2012

Fancy Pants File folder redo

I had so much fun making these file folders and this holder for my desk.  You know I love making over things that would otherwise be on there way to the trash.. and this is one of those projects.  My friend Julie had passed down a bunch of file folders she had, to me a while back, and the plastic holder was looking pretty rough and was just taking up space on the top self of my supply closet. When I was cleaning things out of the closet, I actually had the plastic holder "in" the trash bag.. when I changed my mind and pulled it back out. So glad I did now, because this is currently being put to good use on my desk.


I have a post up on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog HERE with more info about how/and what I used if you are interested.   The paper line I used was Fancy Pants "It's the Little Things" line.

When I took this photo, I didnt have the files labeled yet, but I used the Journal Embellishments from this line and they worked great.


recycle, repurpose, re-use! bam! Done  lol

*********************************************

As always, I just seem to have to share a couple of photos. 
  We took a little drive the other day... and  Molly was pretty much in her happy place. ha



Random driving in the country in Feb, in Nebraska, on a cloudy day ... can be... well... fairly BLAH... but  thank  goodness there's always somebody who wants to just brighten someones day.   Hurray for these people for putting for the effort, just to make people smile .       Had to share... too cute not to :)


Enjoy the weekend!

7 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Love what you did with the file folders, Miss Vicki--so much style--as always!

Such a sweet picture of your pup in the car--love it! And the "snowman" is fabulous!

Hope you're having a wonderful night, my friend...

Julie

kathy/North Carolina said...

Hey, Vic! What a glorious idea! One of the things I love the most about reading blogs is the inspiration to look at junk with new eyes! LOL Hope you are having a good weekend! Hugs!

harrahx2 said...

I love the whole process of "cuting" (my new word) your folders. I might just have to do some for work too! Very cute.

Debby said...

Love the folder......your doggie is precious............funny snowman. That's how we woud have to make one this year. SO little snow and I love snow.
Have a good Sunday.

Sunfairy said...

Arrrgggh, now I'm so sorry I threw away my old file folders!! I had no idea they could look so cute again! And I love the way the threads hang down from the buttons...great touch!
Molly is so pretty and adorable :)
Lots of hugs heading your way!

Rory Fugerson said...

What an awesome design for file folders. They look like a professionally designed folders. Good job!

Maissan H said...

I love what you did here, very artistic :)