Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Pretty little Springy Tea Cups

Popping in for a quick post. I wanted to show you what I did with .. well, at least one of my flea market/thrift store finds from the past couple of weeks.  I had found these tea cups, and thought they were beautiful, but wasn't really sure what I would do with them..... Until the other day when I was inspired by something I saw on pinterest that got me thinking about something I had long ago.  They had just displayed it differently.  I actually used to have a tea cup with a nest in it, but it just sat flat like a cup normally would.  When I saw them done up with a simple little nest in them, but hung... I loved them all over again :) only even more.  This is one of those late night crafting projects that you can do and really just enjoy the process. No deep thought involved. Just making something "pretty", with pretty little things.


I have a little gathering of friends coming up soon, so these will be fun little gifts.

Isn't this pattern beautiful?



I am SO ready for Spring!
Although we have had a very mild winter, and actually quite a bit of sunshine, it's still winter so everything is brown, brown and more brown here.
I decided to dig into some "Springy" photos from last year.
Enjoy!





Just a bit longer my friends.. just a bit longer... and Spring will be ours. Yippee!


                                               

26 comments:

Danielle said...

very lovely cups.

Dawn's Craft Place said...

These are precious as can be! I did a cup and saucer a couple days ago on my blog-I made a pin cushion.
I will have to keep this idea, for all those cups I find with no saucer.
Thanks for sharing

Deb Neerman said...

These are fabulous, Vicki! And what a great gift for the girls!!

Dawn said...

Oh joy to see these. I love them love them LOVE THEM this is SO me. I love your pretty cups too. I have a few tea cups I collect. How did you hang them? I can see the material. I love that you could do this all seasons of the year as well with different cups. Truly You were inspired!

Love Dawn xx

kathy/North Carolina said...

Oh, I love this idea....so precious! Only you, Vic...only you!

Debbie K. said...

Love your 'springy' tea cups, Ms. Vicki and your photos that make me want spring even MORE!!! Have a great weekend:)

Susie said...

Wow Vicki...these altered cups are adorable! My sister collects tea cups, so I might CASE you and make one of these for her. Love this!

Lady Pamela said...

Those teacups are adorable! I love the idea!
*Smiles*

harrahx2 said...

Now see stinker.....I see a tea cup and I see tea. You see a tea cup and you see beauty and a great project. I would hate you if I didn't love you so much! Where did you find the tiny eggs? And the doilies are so cute with the little flowrs and the little banner........just adorable!

Jane Wetzel said...

Hi Vicki :) OMG..I have missed visiting here! Boring reasons why I have missed but so happy to see you are "hanging" in there after your recent "stumbles" :( I ADORE these sweet vintage cups, wish a hundred times I had saved all the ones I had...glad to be here and see all the awesomeness you have been up to! hugs, jane

Susan said...

I LOVE your little nest cups. Lucky friends...

Jan Hennings said...

Miss Vic...these are adorable and love the picture of the bunny and flowers!! Sring is just around the corner...yeah!

Anonymous said...

I was feeling a bit low today, found your site, it uplifted my mood so much!!! Thank you so much!!

Loads of love
Uttara

Linda E. said...

How nice. This is perfect for my sister. She needs a pick-me-up.
Thanks for sharing your lovely idea.

Kathi said...

These are absolutely adorable! I am a teacup collector and have a few without saucers so this is a great way to decorate with them! What a fantastic idea!

debi huntsman said...

I love, love what you've created with your sweet tea cups. Perfect for spring!!
The sweet pattern on your cups, one of my favorites, is called 'Mildred', made by the Mount Clemens Pottery Co. Your pretty cups are very old.

Cynthia said...

Your tea cup creations are adorable, Vicki! I had to come over from Sandy's post for a closer look. What a great way to "repurpose" these delicate tea cups.

Mama Peck said...

Absolutely charming! Thank you so much for sharing these little treasures.. :)

Barbara Jean said...

love your little tea cups. is it OK i pinned them??

thanks
barbara jean

Ann said...

Fabulous idea & so pretty too, thanks for sharing!!
Best Wishes, Ann xx

marie said...

I saw your springy tea cups on Pinterest...they are adorable! I'm sure your friends will love them and I love the idea of a craft that doesn't involve deep thiking!

Thanks for sharing it!!

debbie said...

I love your cups, so sweet! Thanks so much for sharing such a neat idea! I am looking forward to making one!

kathleenrae said...

So sweet....and isn't our Nebraska spring amazing!!

kathleenrae said...

Very adorable! And isn't our Nebraska spring lovely??

kathleenrae said...

absolutely lovely! And isn't our Nebraska spring lovely too??

jowdjbrown said...

Baste along the side edges of the pockets. Fold these basted pieces in half and iron. powder green tea melbourne