Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Springy altered frame

Once again... I just could not stay away from the clearance isle at Hobby Lobby. haha   I found these hanging frames there awhile back ... super cheap. They had pink backgrounds in them and then a dimensional monogram letter glued to the background.  I popped the back off, and pulled the letter off of the background.     I used on of the images from the Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage  "Creating with Vintage Patterns" CD for the inside and then covered the front of the frame with one of the papers from the CD.  Simple Springy project.

I'm kicking myself now for not getting more of these frames while I was there, because they actually are deep enough  to use as a sort of shadowbox.   I can just see a cute baby themed shadowbox done up with these.   Might need to go back and see if they still have them :)


Speaking of SPRING..... I'm enjoying every single day that it's warm and the sun is shining... so much!
I even picked myself up some tulips when I was getting groceries.   Aren't they pretty?


I worked out in the yard a bit yesterday. It makes me so happy to look out under the trees in the side yard.. and see all the lilies popping up.  There are just thousands of them out in the trees, and they fill the ditch in front of the house.   Sometimes I really wish I could have see the farmstead that once sat on this property so many years ago.  It would be so interesting to see.   There is a slab of concrete over to the East side of the property, where some outbuilding must have sat at one time, and past the tree line , there are pieces of fence and barbed wire ,but other than that.. just lilies that pop up back in the trees.   Ohhh... what I would  do for a photo from yesteryear :(     For now... only in my mind :)

What else do I love about warmer weather???   Flip Flops and Sandals!  and the only thing better than that is no shoes at all! lol        Bye bye socks and snow boots!!  


I shared in my last post, some photos of the Steam engine we went to see over the weekend.  Weston used his GO PRO camera to film it going by.  It's not long.. just a quick video, but kind of fun to watch.  You really get the idea of how massive it really is.   Oh.. and  loud ...  so if you have a sleeping baby or something... turn your volume down a bit. lol
Enjoy!










                                                          Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

This is so sweet Vic :) I love that special isle at Hobby Lobby, too :) a. lot. :)

Marlene (cards4u) said...

How fun - loved the video!! No sleeping baby here good thing : ) My little guy was on the computer last and yes I heard that train loud and clear!! The frame is precious it always great to see how you take something from clearance and make it new! Glad to see hear you are finally experiencing flip flop weather!

Enjoy!!

kathy/North Carolina said...

Darling project! And I love your sandals...and pretty toes!

harrahx2 said...

OMG, the video was great. At first, it sounded like the beginning of a scary movie and then all of a sudden....memories came flooding back in of the days of trains. Love the sounds. Love the frame too. The camera was a great buy for your son! Hope you have fun plans for the week-end. Hugs.