Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Fancy Pants Spring Baskets and more Flea Market fun

Needing a quick little Spring or Easter basket?   I make a version of these every year, either for Spring gifts, Easter or May Day..and they are really fun and easy.   These are done with Fancy Pants "Summer Soul" line and I have a complete tutorial up on the Fancy Pants blog HERE.    I'd love for you to stop over and check it out :)


This blog post is a mumbo jumbo of a bit of this and that, but I'm backtracking, so I can show you photos from sale on the weekend.  It's an annual event at the Lancaster Event Center called The Mother of all garage sales.  It's only one day 8-4.  We were certainly planning on being there when the doors open, and since Lincoln is 60 miles from me ... I was hitting the road before the sun came up.  I'm not normally a early morning girl..but for a sale... yes.. (and on top of that.. the morning was beautiful)


It seems that a few other people had the same idea we did. lol

Luckily the line moved really quickly..and we were in, in a flash.     I have to admit I think I have "junk hunt fever" because honestly... all I can think of , while I'm standing there, is what those people might get what I NEED. lol  ( sick that I just admitted that) lol

I didn't take alot of photos inside ( you know.... because I was on the hunt) lol  , but Jan and I laid out our goodies in the back of my car while we were transferring hers to her car.    Neither of us bought anything big...but we found some little treasures for really great prices.

I found these Swanky Swigs to add to my little collection.  They make me happy.


I was looking at this printers tray with a random bunch of little do dads in it, and the lady said... "you can have the tray and everything in it for 50 if you take it all".    I said... "oh yes I will"   I really didn't need any of the little things in it, but the tray to alter for 50 is a YES for me!


I have been looking for a large one of these.  I got this one for $10 full of really pretty lemons.  It's a foot and a half tall, and so pretty.

Oh.. and my "eagle eye sister" spotted these red and white polka dot pots for me.  They are SO perfect for my kitchen.  Like brand new... both for $5.  woo hoo.    Love me a deal!

Oh.. and I did find some things to share also, so I'll be adding those to my etsy soon.

It was a fun day ,and absolutely gorgeous out. Enjoyed my ride home later that afternoon.   Choice of music...
to get me home Jason Boots. ( Loud, and with the windows down of course) ha


*********************************

Everyday when we get up.. we can plan all we want, but we never really know how the day is going to play out. Heres proof. lol    I had a list of things I was going to do today, but Jarad texted me last night, and asked me of I wanted to target shoot with him today.  Now this puts me in a predicament because I DO NOT like guns...but I DO love spending time with my boys.  SO......




I hesitated at first but then he said... "mom remember what you said... life is short, you want to try new things and experience all you can".   He's right, I do say that... so ... now I can say I did it.     Most of all I got to spend time with Jarad :)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. — Ferris Bueller



It was a fun day

  Vic


11 comments:

malia said...

Hi... OK LOVE your Fancy Pants project and your life! LOL

busymartha said...

What great finds Vicki! You lead a fantastic life!

marcia said...

I like the silhouette!

Debby said...

I saw that silhoutte as well. Can you show it closer.
Love the juice glasses.
Was the printers tray $50 or 50 cents.
I didn't want my boys to play with guns growing up. My husband was the opposite. My son is grown now and an ATF agent. Go figure.

Gail S. said...

Love the Easter pails! Also, who can resist a S-A-L-E??? Looked like alot fun and all of the treasures you got whooohoooo! Going shopping with your sister is the best :-)

Debbie K. said...

Your pails are darling, Ms. Vicki. Love the pots and am a junker at heart myself:) Wish I could tag along!
Happy, Happy Easter to you and yours.

harrahx2 said...

Vicki, that picture of you shooting is darling. I am so proud of you. I love shooting guns even though I am not a gun fan. We have a little bb gun...love all your treasures and the polka dot pans are adorable!

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Glad you had the chance to stop and look around - looks like a great time :)

Ms Bingles Vintage Christmas said...

Love your Easter pails and shooting looks pretty fun!
Leticia

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

I too do not like guns but I am so inspired by you that you enjoyed this experience with you son. My son (and hubby) enjoy hunting and I always beg off not wanting to go. You have inspired me to go with them and spent time with them doing what they enjoy doing. Have a wonderful Easter.

Becky Dunham said...

Oh, what a fun day you must have had at that sale! I would have loved that :) That picture of your morning is so gorgeous! I want to live there! Congrats on the printing tray - 0.50 is amazing!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!